32 | a new addition to the group

SEASON TWO,
CHAPTER 32:

A NEW ADDITION TO THE GROUP

"That's a friendly greeting if you ask me

"That's a friendly greeting if you ask me."

✦ ·  ·  ·  · ──────────── ·  ·  ·  · ✦

AS SEVERAL MINUTES rapidly pass by, the temperature inside of the container only continues to increase as the heat rises. It's beginning to become unbearable to the three teenagers still hiding inside; their bodies are now slumped down against the wall as they take off any jackets that they're wearing, trying to make it easier to deal with the intense heat. Even the cool air from the breezy wind is unable to do anything, only drifting by the moving ship and continuing on with its direction of travel.

Both John B and Pope had left the container awhile ago after insisting that it should just be the pair of them. They agreed to scout out the ship and gain a better understanding of where everything is so that the group are able to hatch a decent plan. The only reason why the Pogues are even onboard of the ship is to help Sarah escape and get the cross back. None of the five plan to leave without any of the two, just feeling confident that they'll make it work.

Delilah is laying down on the floor of the container with her boyfriends jacket sprawled out beneath her burning body — it provides comfort against the hard ground, and also prevents the beads of sweat from essentially gluing her down. Delilah's head is resting upon JJ's lap as his fingers play with her ginger hair, aimlessly twirling around strands. The girl soaks in his comforting touch as tiredness begins to take over from both the heat and his gentle gesture. Kie is just sitting nearby to the two, legs stretched out in front as she continuously zones out to pass time.

A comfortable silence hangs within the heated air as the three remain in one another's presence. It's not because none of them can think of anything to say, but because the increasing temperature has started to severely affect them. Brains are feeling scrambled of thoughts while their breaths are heavy to try and cool themselves down. The three are continuing to wait for the other two to return from their scouting, almost starting to grow impatient.

"I've been thinking..." JJ begins, voice filling the silence. "When all this is over, and we're just rolling in the dough, I'm gonna get a new board. I'm gonna deck it out. And then I'm gonna go on a surf trip."

"Really? Where?" Delilah asks, curiously.

"I don't know." JJ admits with a shrug. "But like, the world's calling. Name a place. Either of you."

"Spain." Kie suggests.

"Then after spain, South America or South Africa— One of the south places, at least. Then micronesia, maybe." JJ tells them. "And just ride. Wherever the wave takes you, you know?"