8 | roadtrip to charleston

SEASON TWO,
CHAPTER 8:

ROADTRIP TO CHARLESTON

"This is gonna be one long trip

"This is gonna be one long trip."

✦ ·  ·  ·  · ──────────── ·  ·  ·  · ✦

INSIDE OF A house that belongs to Figure Eight, Kiara is currently trying to convince her parents to allow her to go to Charleston. The girl decides to give them the full story (minus her best friends being alive) so that they can actually believe her. But by the shouts that's erupting into the air, it's clear that the family is having an argument over the decision. Meanwhile, Delilah is seated in the car with JJ and Pope as the three watch it all unfold from unsure.

"How'd you get this rig?" JJ asks the boy. "I know your old man didn't let you have it."

"I undid the intake valves on the carburetor. Made it start pining." Pope replies.

"And now you're just gonna take it to your cousin's house. Get it fixed. Crash overnight." JJ adds.

"Exactly that." Pope states.

"I think JJ and I are rubbing off on you." Delilah tells him.

"Yeah." JJ agrees. "Lying to your old man, stealing his truck. Kinda sounds familiar."

"I'd say we have about 18 hours before he absolutely loses his shit. So as long as get it back before then, I think we're good." Pope informs.

Nothing else is able to be said as their attention is pulled towards the Carrera's starting to shout at each other once again. Kie is angrily making her way over to the truck that her friends sit inside of, just wishing that they can leave already. But the three poke their heads out of the window to get a clearer view of the raging parents.

"It's good to see y'all, Mr and Mrs Carrera." JJ greets with a small wave.

"I'm sorry about the short notice of the trip." Delilah apologises. "We didn't know ourselves until earlier."

"Hi, uh... Ma'am? Sir? I- I promise to have her back at a reasonable hour and safe." Pope stammers.

"Kiara, listen to me." Anna begins. "You wanna go, then you can go. But if you don't come back at the proper time, then don't come back at all!"

"She's bluffing." JJ whispers.

The teenagers make their way back into the truck, cramping themselves into the very limited amount of space provided before Pope then drives them away. The parents just stare at their daughter in disbelief that she's going against them once again. But Kiara decides to not to pay attention to either one of them,
wanting to do what she personally thinks is right in this situation. The trip has already been planned for them all to arrive in Charleston overnight, and then return by the next morning, so that's what the four are going to stick with.