7 | the letter

SEASON TWO,
CHAPTER 7:

THE LETTER

"I can't read cursive

"I can't read cursive."

✦ ·  ·  ·  · ──────────── ·  ·  ·  · ✦

INSIDE THE SCHOOL building, a classroom filled with teenage students are currently undergoing a test for the teacher to mark afterwards. The atmosphere is tense due to the fact that the students are becoming severely stressed about what is the correct answer to put, trying to rack their brains and remember what they were taught. Everyone is deadly silent, nothing being uttered as they all know they will get told off and most likely have to redo it in detention.

Delilah sits at the desk with a pencil at hand, some of her writing already scratched into the piece of paper. Lips are wrapped around the end of the pencil as she begins to chew on it with her eyes glued down to the questioning that need answering. One of her legs is bouncing up and down at a fast pace — though, it's unknown to her — as anxiety riddles the entirety of her teenage body. The girl is unable to concentrate on anything, starting to panic after looking up at the clock and noticing that the end of the exam edges closer; exams have never been Del's strong suit, even if means just being in the environment of them.

Filling the silent air, the sound of a door opening is heard and causes many students heads to raise with curiosity. All gazes are removed from the test papers and drift over to the doorway, not really bothering to act like their attention isn't on whoever is standing here — Delilah is one of those people. They all spot as a man now standing in the small doorway of the classroom, dressed formally in a black suit and a checkered tie. Dark hair has been slicked back with gel, while his face remains serious. Brown eyes skim over to Pope for a brief moment before turning to the teacher, almost as if he was checking whether he's in the correct classroom or not.

"Mr Sunn, can I borrow Pope for a minute?" The man politely asks.

"He's in the middle of a test right now." The teacher replies, voice barely above a whisper.

"I'm from the Vanderhorst Foundation." The man informs.

"Mr Heyward." The teacher calls. "It's for you."

"Thank you." The man replies.

Putting the pencil down onto the paper, Pope stands up from his seat and makes his way out of the room behind the man. Delilah's eyebrows furrow together as her eyes glance around from each of the students in the classroom, making contact with JJ and Kiara for a moment. The girl had silently hoped that one of them would know what's going on, but judging by the looks on either one of their faces, they seem to have no idea either.