13 | redfield's tomb

SEASON ONE,
CHAPTER 13:

REDFIELD'S TOMB

"Voi-effing-la."

✦ ·  ·  ·  · ──────────── ·  ·  ·  · ✦

THE MOON PEAKS out from between the wispy clouds floating within the darkness, shining down onto the island below. Many stars are littered across the dark night sky and provides a natural light source. With the night comes the wind, which picks up more and cools everything down after living through a hot sunny day.

The group of friends sit inside of the campervan with John B driving them all along the narrow roads as usual. Delilah leans back so that her head is resting upon JJ's lap, which allows her feet to drape over the top of Pope's lap — Kie is in the passengers seat as she called shotgun this time. The blond boy is rolling himself another joint to smoke where he then seals it shut with the saliva resting on his tongue.

"You mind if I relax on this one? It's been a long day and a lot of weird stuff's gone down. I'm just gonna lay low." JJ rambles, leaning back in his seat. "Oh, did you want a hit of this, Pope?"

"I keep the signal clear." Pope reminds while he pushes the joint away.

"Dude, okay, listen." JJ begins. "Do you understand that your problem is that you don't get creative? If you got creative then—"

The sentence is comes to an abrupt stop as Delilah's hand reaches up from her place to cover JJ's mouth, preventing him from continuing his ramble. The boy turns his attention to look down at the ginger haired girl still laying on top of his lap, blue eyes meeting her green ones.

"JJ, he just doesn't smoke." Delilah states, not wanting him to pressure their friend.

"Do you want a hit then?" JJ asks.

Receiving a nod in response, the rolled joint is lowered down to Delilah's lips where she takes a hit of it. She inhales the substance and holds it in her mouth for a second or two before exhaling it. The puff of smoke enters the air of the vehicle before fading out of the window. The only thing left behind is the odour that emits from it.

"Look, I know I was wrong about the lighthouse, alright? And pretty much wrong about everything else. But I was right about one thing. Okay? My dad is trying to tell me something." John B tells them, grabbing everyones attention.

✦ ·  ·  ·  · ──────────── ·  ·  ·  · ✦

The teenagers walk through the eerie graveyard as they trail behind John B, afraid of losing him in the darkness and being left totally alone. None of them really know what's going on because they still believe that he's conducting a lost case, but they're going along with it so that he doesn't lose his mind chasing this small bit of hope. But who's to say that John B isn't right? He could be onto something and his friends are moments away from realising.