29 | arguments

SEASON ONE,
CHAPTER 29:

ARGUMENTS

"We punch him in the throat

"We punch him in the throat."

✦ ·  ·  ·  · ──────────── ·  ·  ·  · ✦

AFTER THE INCIDENT on the road and JJ deciding to drive, the group find themselves situated outside of Barry's own home without the man himself. It was no surprise to them all that the entire place looks like a shithole based off of the pure fact it's owned by one of the most known drug dealers in the Outer Banks. The man has turned to illegal substances to keep himself happy, trying his best to get as much scraps of money that he can get his hands onto.

JJ and John B had left the rest of their friends inside of the vehicle while they headed into the house, an evident argument brewing between the pair. Delilah just lets out a shaky sigh, leaning her head back onto Kiara's shoulder. Sarah's fingers are being gently raked through the girls ginger hair to continue giving her comfort. Ever since being dragged away from Barry, Delilah has been extremely quiet and hasn't said a single word to them as to why she wanted to throw more punches his way. But they're all curious, just wanting to be weary in case she suddenly lashes out onto them since her emotions are running high.

"Del, what happened?" Pope asks, voice soft to show that he's just trying to be caring.

"My mom." Delilah replies.

The redhead's voice is so quiet that the three had nearly missed the response given. They all exchange looks with one another, unsure of whether to get her to go into more detail. Pope's eyebrows just furrow in confusion as to why their best friend is suddenly bringing her careless mother up now.

"What?" Pope questions.

"My mom's still here on the island. She's been lying all along. She doesn't go on 'business trips', she goes out to buy herself drugs and hide somewhere. I mean, why lie? Why ruin her life even more with drugs?" Delilah rambles, tears prickling in her eyes once again and having to blink them back.

"Lila..." Kie softly begins, trailing off as she's unable to find the right words to comfort the girl.

"It's fine, I'll be okay." Delilah assures.

Before any of them can continue the conversation, their attention is pulled towards the house as the two boys come strolling out of it. The teenagers step out of the vehicle that they were waiting inside of to talk to them both and get an understanding of what that they just did. Collectively, the four quickly decide it's best not to ask questions as they spot a large wad cash gripped in JJ's hand.

"Alright, so we're looking at five grand each for reparations for putting us through that bullshit." JJ informs.

"You could use it to pay off your restitution." Delilah suggests. "I wouldn't mind if you used my cut of the money for it."