24 | scary stories of the crain house

SEASON ONE,
CHAPTER 24:

SCARY STORIES OF THE CRAIN HOUSE

"Bong water?"

✦ ·  ·  ·  · ──────────── ·  ·  ·  · ✦

THE RESTAURANT BELONGING to the Carrera's currently has the daughter of the owners inside with her four friends. They're all crowded around two tables as they take seats on the chairs, all facing one another so that it's easier to communicate and be involved in the conversation taking place. JJ is one of the only ones to be still standing up, resting his arm upon Delilah's chair. The girl is just snacking on some toast that Kie gave her for free since she didn't get time to eat breakfast this morning, too worried about John B and wanting to know what's happening.

Speaking of John B, he had actually asked for them to all meet at the restaurant after he was released from hospital yesterday night. The brunet was lucky he managed to survive a fall that high and only come away with just a broken wrist and a concussion, which has now passed over. Anyway, he had called the meeting with urgency as he desperately wanted to see his best friends and ensure that he's okay. But JB also had to break the news that Ward Cameron, who is Sarah and Rafe's father, has legally taken him in.

"I'm sorry, what? You're staying where?" Kie questions in disbelief.

"Tannyhill." John B repeats.

"So you're living with Sarah Cameron." Delilah bluntly states, raising a brow at him.

"Okay, look." John B begins, wanting them to understand. "The only reason I'm living there is because her dad bailed me out, alright? And it's way better than foster care, which is where I gonna go if Ward didn't—"

"Hey, so do you have a membership to the clubs now?" Pope asks, interrupting the boy.

"I don't know, Pope." John B replies.

"What about those golf carts they get to drive around? You get one of them?" JJ asks.

"Does it come with a sweater-vest, or do you have to go buy one of those on your own?" Pope adds.

"Does it also come with a girlfriend that you lied to your friends about and made a promise or are you still single?" Delilah asks, annoyed by the fact he lied straight to her and Kies face and hid the truth.

"Red..." John B begins, trailing off as he realises he's unsure of how to reply.

"Look, if you want to hang out with her, that's fine. But I'm letting you know now that I'm doing anything with Sarah, and I doubt Lila will want to either." Kie tells him.