10 | welcome home

SEASON TWO,
CHAPTER 10:

WELCOME HOME

"Stupid things have good outcomes all the time

"Stupid things have good outcomes all the time."

✦ ·  ·  ·  · ──────────── ·  ·  ·  · ✦

IN THE DEEP blue waters, a pristine white boat named 'My Druthers Too' is floating on top of it. Six teenagers can be seen onboard of the boat with wide smiles still etched onto their faces, enjoying the time together that they've missed out on. Laughter fills the joyful air as it naturally slips past their lips. At times, it's not even like anything has to be said, the happiness that they hold just needing to be shown.

The group of friends talked about what the other side had missed out on during their turn apart, but this was only brief because too much sadness and chaos threatens to ruin their cheerful moods. They act like their ordinary selves, just joking around and having the time of their lives being altogether again. It almost appears as though nothing ever happened between the six, and as if they didn't lose contact and two of them were assumed to be dead. For John B and Sarah to actually be alive means the entire world to the four that were previously in mourning.

Heat rays beam down from the sun and onto the six teenagers as it hangs high in the blue sky where no clouds can be seen. The boat has been docked on the side of the banks as they mutually agreed that it's a good idea to stop and get some food to eat. With all of the travelling that they've been doing recently has left their stomachs growling in hunger, needing to consume more protein for energy. Fatigue has been dealt with as the friends slept on the boat for the rest of the last night as it continued to drift in the water.

Delilah is sitting down on the floor with her back resting against JJ's legs, his fingers twirling around strands of ginger hair. Both Kiara and Sarah offered to go looking for some food that they'll all be able to eat, leaving the four on the boat together. Whether the group are potentially stealing food or not, they couldn't seem to care any less.

"I still can't believe Rafe shot Sarah." Delilah says, shocked. "I mean, his own sister?"

"He is a psychopath." JJ states.

"True." Pope agrees.

"And did you guys seriously get married?" Delilah asks the brunet.

"It wasn't exactly legal, but yeah." John B replies, a wide smile on his face.

"Nothing we do is exactly legal." Delilah reminds.

"So, uh... What's going on with this Kiara stuff, Pope?" John B asks.

"I honestly don't know right now, man." Pope admits with a sigh. "I mean, I definitely like her. And I'm pretty sure she likes me."

"Seems like it." JJ agrees.