5 | home sweet home

SEASON THREE,
CHAPTER 5:

HOME SWEET HOME

"Leave it to John B to bring someone back from the dead

back from the dead."

✦ ·  ·  ·  · ──────────── ·  ·  ·  · ✦

NO MATTER WHAT the name or location of the ocean, it will always be vast in size. The ocean can be beautifully dangerous, luring many boats and ships far away from their homes. Wildlife swim beneath, varying from small schools of fish to large animals such as whales. Storms may often threaten to cross people's paths, increasing the risk of them getting lost at sea — some even losing their lives.

For the journey back to the Outer Banks, Delilah and her friends were fortunate enough to have a smooth sailing journey the entire time. The entire group is familiar with how to control the boat due to the life they have lived growing up beside the sea. Most of them are also good with directions, which is why they are able to recognise where they are and where to go.

Kildare Island welcomes back the group of missing teenagers with open arms. It's almost as if nothing has changed since they first left over a month ago, but each of them know that it will change as soon as people realise that they've all returned home alive. The Carrera's and Heyward's will finally be reunited with their children once again, but no one knows how they react — will they put them on lockdown, or refuse them to enter their homes?

Delilah stands alone in the front garden of her home. Her eyes bore into the house that she's lived in for as long as she's known, feeling like she never truly left. A sigh tumbles past Del's lips, carried away by a faint breeze. Then, as if the wind swept away any concerns that she may have crowding in her mind, she walks forward and slowly pushes the door open.

As the girl steps into the house, she's welcomed by darkness. She attempts to flip the light switch but is quickly reminded that the power bills haven't been paid since nobody has been living in the house for an entire month. Fortunately, however, Lila is still able to see because of the sunlight that beams through the windows. From what she can see, everything has remained untouched, still in the same positions that she had left them in when she was last here.

A silence also hangs thickly in the air. Delilah's heart shamefully sinks upon the realisation that her mom isn't there to greet her home and hug her after going missing for a month. The redhead knows that they had already said their goodbyes and that she doesn't want to see her mother again, but it still hurts. Was Julie even aware of her own daughter going missing? Did she even think of Delilah once during the entire month that she was gone?