12 | friendzone

SEASON ONE,
CHAPTER 12:

FRIENDZONE

"You guys should've bet on it

"You guys should've bet on it."

✦ ·  ·  ·  · ──────────── ·  ·  ·  · ✦

DELILAH AND THE two boys, who had all been left as a lookout during the visit to the lighthouse, currently lounge around outside of the empty house while trying to pass time. They had dipped from the scene and are waiting for the pair to turn up again like they planned to it it happened to go wrong. However, the worrying thing is that it's been awhile since the three last saw their two friends. This only makes them unsure of what could've possibly happened inside of the lighthouse, and why the cops were even heading to that place to begin with.

Pope holds two pencils in his hands, which he found off of the floor, that he proceeds to drum against the the metal table out of pure boredom. Delilah and JJ are satisfying themselves by chewing on some snacks that are stored in the kitchen cupboards, along with taking a few shots of alcohol they also found. The girl hasn't exactly been inside of her own house for ages (other than to change clothes), so she forgot what was actually in the cupboards.

"Want to play or dare?" Delilah suggests out of boredom, turning around to face them.

The boys exchange glances at one another to see if the other is going to be playing. Since none of them have anything else to do and are just as bored as the girl, they both nod in response and agree to play. All three of them then shift closer so that it's easier to listen to what someone has to say.

"Pope, truth or dare?" Delilah asks.

"Truth." Pope replies.

"I'm gonna go basic." Delilah states, earning a nod of encouragement in response. "Do you have a crush?"

Before Pope even has a chance to open his mouth and answer the question given to him, John B comes sprinting around the corner before hunching over as he desperately gasps for air. The long brunet hair on top of his head looks completely messed up by the wind that's been blowing against him as he ran. His face and body is covered with smudges of dirt, a few grazes resting on his elbows. However, Kiara doesn't seem to be anywhere near John B.

The three immediately rise from their feet at the sight of their friend, abandoning the game that they only just started to play. They all simply stare at JB with confusion crossed over their faces. Questions threaten to slip out of their mouths and bombard the boy, but they prevent themselves from doing so. But where exactly has he been? Why is he covered in dirt? And where is Kie?