19 | the royal merchant

SEASON ONE,
CHAPTER 19:

THE ROYAL MERCHANT

THE ROYAL MERCHANT

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

"Copy that. Aye, aye."

✦ ·  ·  ·  · ──────────── ·  ·  ·  · ✦

A PRISTINE WHITE boat sails across the deep blue ocean as it rocks against the gentle waves being created. It holds five teenagers aboard, it being the same group of friends following Big John's word in trying to find the Royal Merchant. Many adults have dedicated their lives into finding this shipwreck and will most likely be annoyed to find out that some teenagers got to the golf before them. But the Pogues are finishing the research that John B's father began and carried. It lead to the man to his death — or disappearance, whichever people choose to believe in.

A sturdy plan has been created in what the five will be doing for them to be successful with the treasure hunt, and it's something they all believe will work. JJ will be driving the entire time with Delilah right next to him, giving directions from the map. Meanwhile, John B is going to be drop the drone into the water where he and Pope will be watching through the live camera being displaced onto a screen. Kiara will be holding the tether attached to the drone to measure how far down it sinks.

Soon enough, John B soon announces the order to stop where they are at see after catching sight of the GPS held in Delilah's hands. JJ doesn't waste any time to listen, wanting to follow orders correctly so that this can all go smoothly. Then, just like they planned, John B lowers the drone into the freezing water and watches as it slowly disappears from their eyesight, meaning that it's only sinking lower down.

"Okay, lets start this." Delilah mutters, looking down at the GPS. "Ten seconds northwest."

"Got it! Ten seconds northwest." JJ repeats.

"100 feet!" Kie calls out.

A gasp is suddenly heard escaping Pope's mouth. He staggers backwards and away from the screen after experiencing slight shock at the sight of a squid swimming by the camera. Quickly realising what he's done, the boy tries to play it off as nothing and walks back over to where he's stationed. John B, however, had noticed his actions and hurries over to him.

"What? What is it?" John B asks, slight excitement peaking through his voice.

"It's nothing." Pope replies, feeling ashamed to dampen his mood. "Sorry, my bad. I just thought I saw something."

400 feet is reached as Kie announces in to the group, tallying it on the side of the boat with a piece of chalk they brought along for this very reason. The sound of thunder can be heard rumbling loudly in the skies above. Dark clouds can now be seen starting to roll in and surround the large boat. This catches the five off guard, not expecting to find themselves out at sea when a storm is trying to arise — maybe they should have picked another day to seek out this ship.