3 | the motel room

SEASON ONE,
CHAPTER 3:

THE MOTEL ROOM

"I'm living the nightmare

"I'm living the nightmare."

✦ ·  ·  ·  · ──────────── ·  ·  ·  · ✦

THE GROUP OF friends currently find themselves arriving at their destination outside the motel. The area looks more messier than it usual does due to the destruction that Hurricane Agatha had created on the island. A couple of the trees have been knocked down as it's branches are found scattered along the ground, a single boat lying on the dead grass.

"And I thought that the Château looked bad." JJ comments as he whistles lowly at the messy sight.

"This place is a shitshow." John B states.

"I'm surprised a tree didn't fall into the actual building itself." Delilah adds.

"Motel or meth lab?" Kie questions.

"You be the judge of that." Pope replies.

"Doesn't look the type of a place someone with a Grady-White would stay." John B says.

"No, it looks like the type of place someone with a Grady-White would get killed." Pope corrects.

"This is your captain speaking. HMS Pogue coming in for landing." JJ announces, acting like he's talking through a megaphone again.

The blond proceeds to move to the bow of the boat before jumping off of the moving vehicle and onto the banks. A rope is held in his hands that he then uses to tie around the large pole beside the docks in order to keep the boat steady and avoid it drifting off in the water.

"We good?" John B questions.

"Yeah, we're good." JJ replies with a small nod. "Ly, you coming along with us?"

"Obviously." Delilah replies, jumping off the boat and standing beside him.

"JB!" Pope calls, making the boy turn around to face him. "Don't let those two do anything stupid."

"I'm not making any promises on that." John B replies, glancing over his shoulder and at the two.

"I find it highly disrespectful that you assumed we would anyway." Delilah tells Pope in a jokey manner.

"Be careful." Kie says with a hint of concern in her voice, grabbing everyones attention to find her gaze on John B. "I mean it."

The long haired boy only nods in response, unsure of what to verbally say since she isn't joining them in searching the motel room. Instead, John B climbs off the side of the boat where he joins Delilah and JJ in standing on the bank. The blond boy then places a hand on the redheads lower back, gently pushing her forwards to follow after their friend. This only leaves Pope and Kiara alone on the boat together.