15 | escape plan gone wrong

SEASON TWO,
CHAPTER 15:

ESCAPE PLAN GONE WRONG

"I busted the wrong guy out of jail

"I busted the wrong guy out of jail."

✦ ·  ·  ·  · ──────────── ·  ·  ·  · ✦

NOW ALL ALONE in a house, a teenage girl is sitting up in her room on a neatly made bed. Music is blaring through a speaker on one of the shelves and is loud enough to drown all of her sorrows away. Having an argument with her boyfriend was something that Delilah didn't think she'd have to experience today, let alone at any point during these rough times. But to make things worse, it's the couples first argument where one of them has chosen to walk away — usually they'd sit and talk it through.

Delilah knows that the boy will still try to go ahead with the plan no matter what she says, and that's just what annoys her even further. Nothing can be said to change JJ's mind when it comes to saving the people that he deeply cares about, knowing he'd do it again if Delilah was in John B's position. But the redhead doesn't regret speaking up about her feelings to the stupid plan, nor does she regret choosing to walk all the way home.

However, that doesn't stop Delilah from missing JJ. If he were by her side right now, his arms would be wrapped around her body as he whispers words of comfort into her ears. All the tears would be wiped away as the boy focuses his attention onto giving reassurance to his girlfriend. But instead, the pair have gotten into an argument and he can't do that.

A pillow is resting in the girls lap as she holds onto it tightly, hugging it as if it were a real person. A couple stray tears escape her green eyes and glide down her fair skin. Delilah doesn't even bother to wipe it away, not caring that they're now staining her cold cheeks. A sigh slips past her lips before she pushes herself up to her feet to continue on with the day. Walking over to the mirror, Lila glimpses at herself for a moment before choosing to ignore the state she's in and goes downstairs to grab some food.

The door being pushed open is suddenly heard, the sound filling the redheads ears due to it interrupting the quietness of the house — the music in her room has been switched off for the time being. She swiftly spins around on her heel who to see who it is, a hint of worry seeping into her body that it's an intruder. However, Delilah completely stops in her tracks at the unexpected sight of her mother standing in the open doorway.

"Mom?" Delilah calls.

"Hey." Julie greets, voice quiet. "I, uh... Haven't seen you in awhile."

"Same goes for you." Delilah says, unsure of what else to say. "Where did you go?"

"Rehab." Julie replies with a weak smile. "Delilah, you're my only child and I know that I've treated you like shit, so I want to get better."

"Mom, I'm 16. I'm nearly an adult." Delilah reminds in confusion. "Why now? You did this for most of my life anyway."