13 | goblin mode

SEASON THREE,
CHAPTER 13:

GOBLIN MODE

"Don't wave at cops! It's rule number one of driving a U-Haul!"

of driving a U-Haul!"

✦ ·  ·  ·  · ──────────── ·  ·  ·  · ✦

AT THE CHÂTEAU, the three teenagers currently stand inside the kitchen, talking to one another. JJ is sitting on the counter while he snacks on some food that he found after raiding all the cupboards. Delilah leans against the counter as she stands close to JJ, also picking at the snacks that he has, but he doesn't push her away or say anything about it. John B, on the other hand, used this spare time to clear his head from the situation with Sarah and Topper and is now only thinking about how he can save his father.

"We need to think of a plan to get down to South America." John B reminds.

"Well, none of us have passports or money, so flying is definitely out of the question." Delilah states.

"Doesn't Limbrey have a boat? We could use that to get there." JJ suggests.

"No, she took that back." John B replies. "And the HMS isn't going to make it down the Port of Spain either, so boats are out of the question too."

"No money and no boats. I would consider ourselves lucky." Delilah comments, sarcastically.

"Actually, I might know a guy that could help us." JJ informs.

"You seem to know a lot of people. Be specific." John B tells him.

All of a sudden, the sound of a car pulling up outside the house is heard as the engine rumbles loudly and the tyres only cause twigs to snap beneath its weight. Delilah and John B then shift their heads to look out of the nearest window, curious to know who it is. But the mere sight of Sheriff Shoupe stepping out of the police car is enough to cause panic. Both of them are quick to suddenly drop down to the floor in order to keep away from the windows — John B snatches JJ off the countertop and onto the floor beside them.

"What?" JJ questions with a frown, confused.

"Shoupe is out front right now." John B whispers.

"John B!" Shoupe calls from outside the house. "Is anyone home? John B?"

Panicking, the boys crawl across the wooden floor as their eyes desperately dart around the kitchen. Then, as if the two are telepathically communicating, they quickly scramble towards the smallest table. Delilah just watches in disbelief as the pair bump into every single object in the kitchen, creating as much noise as they possibly can. Their limbs tangle together as they struggle to fit both of their bodies underneath, completely ignoring how uncomfortable it feels.