22 | midsummers

SEASON ONE,
CHAPTER 22:

MIDSUMMERS

"I look like a bourgeoisie pig

"I look like a bourgeoisie pig."

✦ ·  ·  ·  · ──────────── ·  ·  ·  · ✦

MIDSUMMERS, the annual event where Kooks all meet up and hold a party as a celebration. When it take place, even if it's just once a year, it's clear as to who is the most popular among the island as people try to befriend them all. The Pogues are expected to work at the event where they have to serve food and drinks to the attendees.

But this is something that Kiara is now forced (by her parents) to attend as a Kook for today — much to her dismay. However, the brunette had managed to successfully convince her family to allow her to bring Delilah along as a guest. The adults weren't so fond at first due to the girls reputation, but soon gave into their daughters pleas as they know Kie wouldn't want to attend without her friend.

So, currently, Delilah stands inside of the Carrera household, more specifically in Kiara's bedroom with the girl herself. The redhead's gaze is trained ahead of her as she stares back at herself in the tall body mirror that Kie has propped up. Anna, who is the brunettes mother, has given Delilah a dress and even styled her hair as a kind gesture.

 Anna, who is the brunettes mother, has given Delilah a dress and even styled her hair as a kind gesture

The dress has a wide open back that shows off the pattern of the strings that are used to tie it up. The emerald green colour compliments her fair skin-tone and ginger hair beautifully. As well as that, it brings out her eyes more due to the fact that they're a grass green colour. It hugs at her body frame and brings out the curves of her hips. The cuts and bruises on the girls body hasn't been covered up since they're not fully healed and may cause an infection.

Kiara walks back into the room and moves to stand right beside to Delilah. A lavender coloured dress loosely hangs around her body as her brown curly hair is styled up into a messy bun with big purple flowers poking out of it. The pair are both staring into the mirror and at the reflection of themselves, their appearance being totally different to how it usually looks like. Though, Delilah is unable to decide whether she currently views herself as pretty or as if she's a troll playing dress-up.