6 | sewers

SEASON TWO,
CHAPTER 6:

SEWERS

"Careful, you might get worms

"Careful, you might get worms."

✦ ·  ·  ·  · ──────────── ·  ·  ·  · ✦

DUE TO IT being a new day, the sun is shining down on the island as it's rays provide heat onto the people that live below. The four teenagers have agreed to go after the murder weapon so that they'll be able to hand it into the police station where it can then be inspected. Since the gun fell down the drain, the only solution is for them to get their hands dirty as they search the sewers. However, before doing this, Pope and Kie made sure that they all cleaned up the trash floating around in the murky waters.

"So are we gonna do rock, paper, scissors? Or maybe oldest goes?" Delilah questions.

"In the sewer, there's this worm that you get when you're down there. It gets into your blood and then it has to come out your pecker." JJ explains. "So, uh... That's a hard pass from me."

"Same here." Pope adds.

"I get it." Kie replies with a small nod. "I get it. You guys are scared."

"No! No, no." JJ protests.

"It's just the pecker thing." Pope insists.

"You don't have to be scared." Kie tells them. "Lila and I will do it instead."

"Didn't realise I'm being dragged into this." Delilah says.

"I'm not going in there alone." Kie informs.

"Oh, so you're scared too? Nice one, guys." Delilah comments. "But if Pennywise comes out to kill me, it's on you guys."

The brunette chooses to ignore her friend's comment as she crouches down, entering the sewers with the redhead following closely behind her. The two boys instruct the pair to shout if they need anything, but they don't get much said in response. Hands and knees wade through the murky waters as they crawl through the tunnels. It's all cramped and filled with trash that have been flushed down from the storms that have been taking place, a few twigs snapping beneath their touch.

"Kie, I'm not gonna lie, all I can see is your ass right now." Delilah states.

"Sorry." Kie apologises.

Entering an opening, the girls haul themselves out of the tunnel where their bodies then fall into more of the sewage water — it comes up to their waist. The smell is prominent in their noses to the point where Delilah would argue that it's burning her eyes. They both push through the smell and search around in the water, pushing away at some litter to try get a clearer view. All the pair need to find is the gun, and then they can quickly get out of there.