4 | dead body

SEASON ONE,
CHAPTER 4:

DEAD BODY

"It's bad karma to be implicated in a felony too

"It's bad karma to be implicated in a felony too."

✦ ·  ·  ·  · ──────────── ·  ·  ·  · ✦

THE FIVE FRIENDS currently find themselves relaxing on top of some wooden crates located beside the docks. Many other people their age can be seen around them as they too are intrigued about the scene going on ahead of them in this moment of time. With teenagers being nosy and wanted to know the gossip, especially with everyone knowing each other on such a small island, word spreads fast like a wildfire. Hence why they all find themselves wanting to visit the crime scene itself in order to witness it.

Ahead of the unusual crowd, Delilah catches sight of an extremely pale man strapped down onto a stretcher, his body looking cold and lifeless. The paramedics are trying their best to wheel him down the docks in order to get him away from the public eye as fast as possible. However, they stop in their tracks as a woman comes sprinting over towards the dead body. The mans name repeatedly leaves her mouth, followed by the loud wailing sounds of sobs as she holds his head in her hands.

The teenager's heart breaks at the sight of Lana Grubbs sobbing over the sight of dead body in front of her, making it known to everyone that she knew the man that lays lifelessly lays there. The poor woman is clearly trying her best to calm herself down but unable to do so. Delilah can't even imagine losing one of her friends, she'd be one hell of a wreck too.

"Who's that?" John B asks, intrigued.

"Scooter Grubbs." Delilah replies.

"How do you know?" Kie asks, turning around to face the girl with furrowed brows.

"Well, I just heard Lana say that name, so I'm assuming that's him." Delilah replies. "That, and I don't think she would cry over a random man if it wasn't her husband."

"Yeah, she's right." A girl from beside them speaks up. "It's Scooter Grubbs."

"Do you know what happened?" John B asks, trying to gather as much information as he can.

"He was out during the storm. Look, check out this pic I got." The girl replies, showing them her phone. "Dead body."

Delilah peaks over the blonde's shoulder to take a peak at the image. Though, she instantly regrets curiosity getting the best of her as a grimace falls over her face at the bloodied horror sight. She turns her head away from the screen, trying to avoid looking at it for any longer. JJ notices this and shifts closer to the redhead, placing a supporting hand on her shoulder since he's still standing up. Ly only looks up and meets his gaze, giving him a small smile as she leans into his body slightly.