15 | barracuda mike

SEASON THREE,
CHAPTER 15:

BARRACUDA MIKE

"You sent her to that stupid wildness camp, didn't you?"

camp, didn't you?"

✦ ·  ·  ·  · ──────────── ·  ·  ·  · ✦

AFTER THE HOUSE suddenly went up in flames, the teenagers had no choice but to hang out together on the wooden docks. They have all refused to leave one another's side, not wanting to be left alone after the events that occurred from last night to early this morning. None of them can figure out how the fire even started — was it man-made, or was it really just a faulty electrical wire like Pope said? But they don't have the time to stand around and discuss the issue when they need to leave for South America today.

"When did you say the pilot was getting in?" John B asks the blonde girl.

"Probably like an hour?" Sarah replies. "Once he's here, my dad says we can leave whenever we want."

"As much as I would love to ghost my parents again, I can't. I need to tell them." Pope states.

"We're talking about El Dorado here, Pope. Can't you just slip out the back?" JJ suggests.

"Great advice." Kie comments with a mutter.

"Works for me." JJ replies, shrugging. "How to avoid unpleasant circumstances 101. If there's a problem and you don't want to face it, turn around and walk the other way."

"I'm not doing that." Pope refuses. "I'll try to speak to them. Meet you guys at the airstrip in an hour?"

Delilah nods. "Yeah, sure. See you there."

"Think you should let me talk, Pope. Your mom kind of likes me." Cleo tells him.

"I honestly don't think it's going to be pleasant for either of us." Pope admits.

Kie sighs. "I guess I'll go pack some stuff and break the news to my parents. We'll see how that goes."

"Good luck." Delilah whispers. "Call us if you need anything."

"Thank you, Lila. It's okay." Kie assures.

The three teenagers then turn around and walk away to head back to their houses, needing to talk to their parents as soon as possible. However, John B's gaze quickly drifts away from the trio and over to Delilah and JJ instead, silently wondering if the two will also leave soon — not that he minds whether they stay or not. But John B gets his answer as soon as JJ sighs, pushing himself off of the wooden railing that he was previously leaning against.