15 | hotel wifi

SEASON ONE,
CHAPTER 15:

HOTEL WIFI

"Hey, Ly, wanna recreate that scene from titanic?"

✦ ·  ·  ·  · ──────────── ·  ·  ·  · ✦

THE SUN SITS high up in the clear blue sky, it's rays continuing to beam down onto the people in the Outer Banks and tan their skin. The beach is filled with individuals aiming to spend time with their friends as they make the most of their teenage lives together. Some are parents trying to spend time with their children before they grow old enough to want to venture off on their own.

One of the group of friends is Delilah's, but they're out in the water on the HMS Pogue again. Swimwear cling to their bodies as they slowly drift along the gentle ripples being created by the passing boats. It's always relaxing to the five whenever they're able to sit around on the boat and do their own thing. The water has always been their favourite place as it's away from the rest of civilisation.

Delilah, as usual, is sitting on the bow of the boat with her feet dangling off of the side and down into the water below. Her body is angled so that her painted toes just about skim the cool surface of the ocean. A smile spreads across the girls face as she stares down at the deep blue water, watching as a few schools of fish swim by the moving boat.

A low whistle suddenly fills the comfortable silence and instantly grabs everyone's attention. They turn towards the sound to see that it had left from JJ's lips, his gaze glued elsewhere. Delilah follows where his eyes are starting to see another boat passing by their own. This time, it holds two teenagers, who appear to be a couple, driving alone in it.

"That's the Malibu 24-MXZ, the worlds finest wakesetter. Number one in luxury, quality, and performance. 200k, easy." JJ states, showing off his knowledge of boats once again.

"We picked the wrong parents." Pope comments.

"Tell me about it." Delilah mutters in agreement.

"I hate to break it to you guys, but that's Topper and his girlfriend." Kie informs.

The boat continues to drive along the water and only edges closer towards the group, revealing that Kiara is correct with it holding the Kooks on board. The two 'perfect little blondes' (as Del would call them) keep their gazes locked ahead of them, in the same direction that they're heading in. Toppers arm stays wrapped around Sarah's waist as they both strike a pose to try prove that they're better than everyone else. Delilah just sticks her middle finger up, using her glare to shoot daggers their way — 'if looks could kill' was a thing, she's sure that the two would drop dead right then and there.