35 | preparation for escape

SEASON ONE,
CHAPTER 35:

PREPARATION FOR ESCAPE

"Home sweet home."

✦ ·  ·  ·  · ──────────── ·  ·  ·  · ✦

LAST NIGHT, Kie had managed to sneak over to the Cameron household and talk to the eldest daughter of the family. The wanted poster of John B shown to her to inform the girl of the current situation taking place here on the island that her father has isolated her from. Sarah revealed that she was never a part of the accusation, agreeing to join the Pogues to help her boyfriend — though, it's joining the four in a different way, having to sneak out the house before she can do so.

However, during that plan of action, Pope's intoxicated ass had also chosen to confess his love for Kiara right then and there. He had unfortunately gotten rejected almost immediately, confiding in the couple about it just to help relieve some stress off his shoulders. Delilah and JJ tried giving the poor boy the best advice that they can offer, Pope continuing to smoke more weed to get his mind off of it.

It's now the following morning, the day starting off bright and early with the sun shining high in the blue sky. Inside of the Carrera's restaurant, in the back room, four teenagers can be seen laying down on makeshift beds after sleeping the rest of the night away. It was rather uncomfortable, but they made do with it due to the exhaustion starting to take over.

Delilah and JJ were the first ones to awake from their slumbers — surprisingly too, they're usually the heavy sleepers of the group. The two can be found seated out in the main area of the empty restaurant, a large window right beside them. Ly's back is firmly pressed against JJ's chest as his arms are wrapped around her waist loosely so that she's comfortable.

"This whole month is a shitshow." Delilah says with a heavy sigh.

"I'm with you on that." JJ agrees.

"You know one of the only good thing to come out of it so far?" Delilah questions.

"What's that?" JJ asks, curious.

"You." Delilah replies as she glances up at him with her green eyes. "Us."

"That's corny." JJ comments, laughing.

"Shut up, dickhead." Delilah fires back.

Unable to keep up the act of being annoyed at him, a light laugh slips past her own lips. Then, Delilah just nudges him in his non-injured side with her elbow. JJ laughs at her actions but brings her back towards his body, arms tightening around her waist. Her head falls backwards and rests against his shoulder.