24 | island room

SEASON TWO,
CHAPTER 24:

ISLAND ROOM

"I think I'm Sherlock Holmes

"I think I'm Sherlock Holmes."

✦ ·  ·  ·  · ──────────── ·  ·  ·  · ✦

LAST NIGHT WASN'T ideal for the teenagers, everything just seeming to go wrong so quickly and not allowing the situations to all be properly digested. The fights at the bonfire was bad enough to inflict wounds and draw blood, but Renfield's visit was where their lives were really put on the line. After all of that, the five didn't exactly talk for the rest of the night as they all silently agreed to have some alone time.

At the moment, the Pogues are lounging around on the porch of the Château as they soak in each other's presence. The suns rays is beaming down onto them and providing heat that continues to tan their skin, even through the glass windows. A range of random conversations are being held amongst the group as they all chime in and add to what's being said. It's a usual thing that happens between friends, but its as though they're trying to forget about everything for awhile and just be ordinary teenagers.

Delilah is sitting on the couch with JJ's head resting in her lap as the rest of his body gets to be sprawled out across the furniture. Fingers unknowingly rake through his blond hair, even twirling around a few strands. JJ just melts beneath the comforting touch as his eyes flutter shut, feeling as though he's able to fall asleep right there. The sound of them all talking fills them boys ears, specifically listening to Delilah as she occasionally laughs at something that's been said by one of the other three.

However, the group all fall silent as their attention is pulled out of the conversation and elsewhere. Sarah had just opened the door to the Château and stands stands there, the feeling of awkwardness taking over. Quickly, she realises the mistake of not choosing to call or say another about her visiting, taking notice of how her appearance is really unexpected to them. A nervous lump is swallowed in Sarah's throat as she glances around at each one of the five to find that all eyes are already resting on her.

"Hey, Barbie." Delilah greets with a smile. "How are you after yesterday?"

"I'm okay." Sarah replies, letting out a sigh. "I see you've cleaned up from the blood and everything."

"Thank you for helping me pull her away, by the way." Kie tells the blonde. "She can be hard to hold back sometimes."

Sarah smiles. "Anytime."

"Shouldn't you be on Figure Eight with a little group of polo players?" John B questions, not even getting a word in reply. "Or did you break up with Topper?"