28 | a set-up

SEASON ONE,
CHAPTER 28:

A SET-UP

"That old bat shanked us

"That old bat shanked us."

✦ ·  ·  ·  · ──────────── ·  ·  ·  · ✦

THE TEENAGERS THAT previously snuck into the Crain House and retrieved the gold have now come up with another plan. Everyone agreed to melt the bars of gold together and take it to the pawnshop so that they can get money out of it — it's only an extremely small percentage of how much they could get in total. JJ hopes that he'll be able to pay off his restitution with a cut of the money.

The three boys are working together to keep the fire going as they use it's heat to melt the gold down into one solid block, arguing between themselves about who should be the one to do it. The girls are sitting in the back of the campervan with the door slid open so that they're able to watch from afar. Delilah rests her head on Kiara's thigh, her legs resting in Sarah's lap. What's surprised the redhead is how much she's grown to like Sarah from their time together since the boat, feeling as though the blonde can become her best friend at some point in the next few days.

"Lila, this is kinda shit." Kie comments, looking down at a drawing in her hands.

The friends had made Delilah draw an image of the inside of the well. This is to help them come up with the next plan to go down and retrieve the remainder of the gold. Unfortunately, since the girl isn't very skilled on the artistic side, the pencil sketching have came out to be looking very rough, but it still gives a decent visualisation.

"Well, damn, if you're wanted a better drawing I would've brought Da Vinci back from the dead and hired him." Delilah comments.

"This is it?" Sarah questions.

"That's it." Delilah replies.

"Okay, that's 50 feet down and there using 100 feet rope. So I guess this little wagon will go straight to the gold room." Kie says as her eyes stay locked on the drawing.

✦ ·  ·  ·  · ──────────── ·  ·  ·  · ✦

Arriving at their destination (the pawn shop), the six pile out of the car one after the other. JJ continues to complain about how the gold isn't melted down to his standards, arguing about how he should've been the one to melt it above the fire. However, the blond quickly falls silently as Delilah pushes him through the front door of the pawnshop.

The only reason why the friends gave the couple the job of having to pawn the gold off is because they're best liars in the group. That means that the pair will be able to easily convince the shop keeper, and even make up an excuse to hide the truth. So, the others watch as the two head over to the front desk while acting like they're just looking around the shop.