17 | jumped at a golf course

SEASON ONE,
CHAPTER 17:

JUMPED AT A GOLF COURSE

"Did I win the fight?"

✦ ·  ·  ·  · ──────────── ·  ·  ·  · ✦

THE POGUES ARE currently testing out the drone that they had 'borrowed' from the salvage yard yesterday afternoon. The device is being used to ensure that it all works properly before they head to the location of the Royal Merchant. Everything is to go according to plan if the group want to get this mission done as soon as possible. A lot of people are after the famous shipwreck, so they need to get there first.

The two brown haired friends (John B and Kiara) are swimming under the water in front of the camera. John B's face is pressed right up against the device as he pulls different faces at it, aiming to make the others laugh. He then swims backwards in the water and puts his thumbs up, forgetting that his friends aren't able to reply. Delilah watches it all from screen with JJ and Pope by her side, the three sitting up on the wooden docks.

"What's this right here?" Delilah asks.

The girl reaches out to press one of the many buttons on the device as curiosity gets the best of her. But Pope is quicker with his actions and lunges forwards, slapping Del's hand away and causing her to retract it. A small yelp leaves her mouth since she didn't expect that to happen.

"Don't touch that!" Pope orders. "I'm trying to work this thing out."

"God bless geeks, Pope. Truly, man." JJ comments. "What we do without you to control the drones?"

"Technically, it's not a drone. It's an ROV." Pope corrects.

"Shut up. It's too early for that right now." JJ tells him, not wanting to deal with that stuff.

"Smartass." Delilah mumbles.

As the redhead playfully shoves Pope in the shoulder and causes his body to shift slightly to dodge it, the two that were previously in the water rise back up to the surface. Kie smoothly pushes the brown hair out of her face so that she's able to see her friends, while John B shakes his own hair like a wet dog. They swim over to the docks where they haul themselves onto the wood and wrap a towel around their bodies.

"Hey, once we get footage of the wreck, we'll bring it to a lawyer in town and file a formal claim." John B informs.

"It's such bullshit." JJ argues. "Why do we have to do that?"

"Yeah, finders keepers." Delilah adds.

"Well, there is maritime salvage law." Pope reminds the two. "You can't just go to the ocean floor and scoop a bunch of stuff up."