3 | hawks nest part two

SEASON THREE,
CHAPTER 3:

HAWKS NEST PART TWO

"How about you go first and cushion my fall?"

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

"How about you go first and cushion my fall?"

✦ ·  ·  ·  · ──────────── ·  ·  ·  · ✦

AFTER THE TEENAGERS climbed over the wall to escape the guards and the dogs, they were quick to catch their breaths before taking off to put distance between themselves and Singh for now. They choose to go around the back of the streets, not wanting to be out in the open where anyone can find them and chase them down. But despite keeping a careful eye out for Singh's guards, they also try to not raise any suspicion amongst civilians, otherwise the strangers could risk giving away their location.

Cleo then leads them all away from the swarmed streets and across a small beach that's almost hidden away from the public eye. She directs them towards a cliff where an abandoned hotel is located; parts of the structure are missing, and all of the glass from the windows are no longer standing in its places, either being manually knocked down by humans or by storms that sweep across the island. Nevertheless, they climb up the steep stairs that rest beside the hotel, waiting to be used.

All of a sudden, many guards are heard shouting below, barely audible beneath the loud engines of the ATVs that they ride on. Delilah's hand is quick to latch onto JJ's wrist as she ducks for cover beside their friends, pulling him with her to avoid either of them getting caught. They stand side by side behind the crumbling walls of the hotel, their arms brushing against one another with each movement they make. But as the guards roam the ground below, JJ reaches out and slyly pulls her closer to his body, wanting to make sure that she won't potentially be spotted from a particular angle.

"All clear!" A guard soon shouts.

Once it's safe enough, Cleo proceeds to direct them to an opening in the wall, leading them towards an area that will be safer for them. One after the other, they run up the narrow steps before eventually walking out into another open area. The majority of the walls are missing, which allows the overgrown ivy to hang down from above. A few chairs rest in the middle of the room, as well as other belongings that were left behind by people who would hole up here too. In front of them, a large hole can be seen in the floor that drops down to the ground below (where they just were).

"We hole up here." Cleo informs. "Terrance and I squatted here before."

The three boys don't hesitate to carelessly jump over the large hole to get to the other side. They instantly head towards the pillars and the remaining walls so that they are able to peek out from behind the tall structures; they want to make sure that the guards are all definitely gone and aren't hidden somewhere nearby, not wanting to risk the possibility of being ambushed at any given second.