35 | poguelandia

SEASON TWO,
CHAPTER 35:

POGUELANDIA

"I claim thee Poguelandia

"I claim thee Poguelandia."

✦ ·  ·  ·  · ──────────── ·  ·  ·  · ✦

THE SEVEN TEENAGERS have been floating upon the icy waters for awhile, having nothing expect each other for company. They've been travelling in an unknown direction with high hopes that they'll all return back to their home, to the Outer Banks. But everyone has grown tired after the series of events that they've all recently been through. All attention has mainly been focused onto Delilah and JJ to ensure that they're okay after both falling unconscious earlier.

Nearby, there's a lonely island that looks like nobody lives upon it. The shore is covered with small grains of sand, varying between wet and dry depending on whether the oceans water has reached it. Large rocks reside near the edge of the shore and causes the cold waters to crash against it before spraying up into the air. Palm trees stand tall and tower above everything else as a few coconuts are growing within the leaves. Nature ranges from multiple shades of green, which only makes the whole island look more beautiful.

The group of friends have mutually agreed to stop at the sandy shore and rest for the night, not willing to be out at sea in pure darkness. The lifeboat has been dragged up to the sandy beach and tied to one of the trees to avoid it drifting back into the oceans water. The seven are all seated around upon the fallen logs as they just relax and soak in one another's comfort, needing this time to cool down after everything that has just happened.

Currently, Delilah is sitting upon the grains of sand with her back pressed against her boyfriends front as his arms remain loosely wrapped around her smaller frame. JJ's chin rests on top of the girls shoulder as the pad of his thumb brushes patterns into her bare skin, hand resting on her hip. Blue eyes stare at the palm tree towering over the both of them, watching as Delilah carves into the trees rough bark with his pocket knife. A wide smile tugs at the corners of JJ's face as he reads what she's written for everyone that passes by the island to view — 'D + J' is written in the middle of a heart, and 'P4L' rests nearby to that.

"P4L, baby." JJ states.

"P4L." Delilah gently repeats, glancing down at the tattoo on her ankle. "Always."

"I love you." JJ whispers.

"I love you too." Delilah replies with a smile.

The couple have refused to be apart from each other ever since the awful incident occurred within the sea. They almost lost one another tonight, and would've had to experience a wrenching heartbreak. Both of them barely coped with John B and Sarah's 'death', so they'd be even worse if they lost their other half.