why god?

(Listen with the song playing in the background if you wanna choke on your own tears 🙂)

It's been three hours and we all have been sitting there. His mother was in a very bad condition, she hasn't stopped crying since.

Uncle told her to go home but she wasn't listening.

"Aunty, go home. Freshen up and get a little sleep. Come back again after sometime okay" I said sitting beside her, trying to convince her.

"No I'm not going anywhere" She wasn't listening.

"It's okay aunty I'm here. I'll inform you if doctor says anything." I said insisting.

I am used to it now. Staying at hospitals.... because I've lost many people in my life, constantly.

"I'll stay here too" Simran said and I smiled at her.

"But you need to freshen up too" aunty said looking at me.

"No it's okay I'm comfortable in his hoodie" I said and my eyes got watery again.

"Okay" she said and she left with uncle.

We sat there for some time praying and hoping he's well. After some time, the doctor came and told us to call his parents. He wanted to tell us something important. I was wishing and praying it was something good.

I called them and they came as fast as they could.

"Please come inside, family only." The doctor said as we were inside the cabin. I stepped back because he wanted family only, but uncle wrapped around my shoulder and got me inside along with them.

"She's family" He said and got me inside the cabin. My heart warmed at that and I felt so greatful.

"I know what I'm going to tell you is hard but you have to be strong." The doctor warned us.

My stomach started forming knots and I was anxious about what was he gonna tell us next.

"He is in coma" the doctor said

"How long?" His dad asked.

"We cannot say anything, might be some days, months, an year maybe" He said and we were shocked.

my heart dropped to the ground. My heart stopped working. My surroundings got faded and I was numb. I couldn't feel anything around me.

His mom started crying in his dad's arms and simran was shocked, she wasn't moving.

We both looked at each other and started crying, hugging each other. Idk for how long we both cried.

"Look I know this is hard but you have to be strong. He can hear you but he just cannot respond. Talk to him. Make him know that you are here maybe he'll try and hopefully he can recover soon." The doctor said and left Patting uncle's shoulder.

His father looked so sad. Just like he had lost hope. He was trying his best to not show this but how long?

"Doctor can we see him?" I asked the doctor when he was leaving.

"Yes but one person at a time." He said and left.

"Uncle, aunty, go meet him" i said to them.

I really didn't wanna see him right now, not like this. I would have a breakdown righ here if i saw him.

"No Tara you go see him" Simran said and her parents also told me to go.

"No simran I can't" I said trying my hardest not to cry.