CHAPTER 2 : DEVAINE

I felt a hard mattress on my back as soon as I woke up. I never knew a hospital bed could be this hard. The futon that I have at home was top quality but I never knew the hospital bed was this low quality.

     I opened my eyes and saw an unfamiliar ceiling. It was vintage styled and the chandelier that was hanging on the center of the ceiling was so old it looked like an antique that would fall any time soon. Well, that would be dangerous. I need to tell them to remove that as soon as possible.

     I scanned the entire room and felt more unfamiliar with it. It was far from the style that was famous in this time of the century which is black and white with gray or green aesthetic. The style of the room that I was in was more of like a mix and match all vintage, all flowery walls and silver paint. It was unfamiliar that it feels wierd.

     I rose and sat on the bed and miraculously, did not feel any pain from my right chest which the bullet hit through. Maybe I slept too long that I was now recovered.

     I then decided to insert my hands on my clothes to see if how healed I was and if there was a scar. I mean, I have many scars and another one would not even matter but I still want to check if there is. That means that I survived with another wound again. Another wound, another scar, another scar, another day that I survived.

     My hand froze when I saw blonde hair on my arm. Blonde? Who has blonde hair? I had blackish brown hair. Samantha has light brown hair. And Chase has black hair. So who-

     The mirror was facing the bed. It was a human sized mirror therefore it was big in size.

     I stared at the girl who was sitting on the bed. Long blonde wavy hair from the roots. Who the fuck was that girl?

     I felt a sting on my arm that I had to touch it. The girl in the mirror also touched her arm. I froze.

     Please tell me I was dreaming.

.
.
.
.
.
     As I continue staring at the mirror, a sharp pain stuck my head. It was so painful that I rolled down the bed and hit my head over and over to hope that the pain would subside.

------------------------------------------------------------

     " Let me go. "

     The girl with blonde hair smirked while she sat on the chair infront of the man. She was amused and happy of what she was seeing. Her eyes twinkles and boy she was on cloud nine.

     The one chained in front of her was no other than the third prince of this empire. A perfectly tanned skin with ocean blue eyes and sun bright blonde hair- he was gorgeous. And with him bathing with his own blood makes it even more phenomenal. Well, for her.

    " Why would I let you go? "

     The girl playfully ask as she twist the key on her fingers.

     " Let me go, please. I need to meet Dianna. We promised to meet today. Please let me go."

     Devaine's face darkened as she heard what he said. Her smirked faded and it soon became a poker face.

     " If I can't have you, I'll just break you to pieces so that no one can hold you as a whole. " Devaine said as he held Marco's chin. She was smiling like a villain that she was and looking down at the boy who was bathing in his own blood with bruises and uncountable cuts all over his body.

     The nation's flower boy with perfectly tanned skin, ocean deep blue eyes, and sunny blonde hair is now unrecognizable with chains on both feet and hands as he bathes with his fresh mixed with old crusty blood. He can now feel his last minute of life as he feels like his body is now slowly giving up.

     He looked up at Devaine, who was smiling as she watched him slowly losing his breath. She was glad. She was happy. She was content. That the one she loved was now gone and never be taken by anyone else.

     Or does she really love him? Was it really 'love'?

------------------------------------------------------------

     " FUCK! "

     Candy blurted as she looked in the mirror and saw Devaine's face. It was the very last character she wanted to possess in all of the characters in the books she had read.

     'Heal me Darling' was the story she read a year ago. It was a book Cassandra recommended to her.

     It was the story of numerous men with different pain and a blonde hair protagonist that was supposed to heal and help them from it. It was a reverse harem with fucked up storyline but everyone just got crazy over it (including Cassandra) because of the well thought of, out of this world visual that oozes in the book.

     And of all the characters that God would pick me to possess, it was Devaine. This devil looking blonde hair with red eyes and wavy hair, scrawny body that feels like she would break with a gush of strong wind. With her chopped bangs, so uneven that she looked like shit , just like her personality.

     Cassandra told me that Devaine was so pretty. Prettier than any characters in the book. But because of her nasty psychopathic personality, her beauty was overshadowed and because she only appears on the first 5 chapters of the story and soon was put into guillotine after killing a prince of the empire, almost all readers have forgotten her. And only remembered the straight blonde haired and blue eyed protagonist , which was Devaine's sister, Dianna.

     I combed my chopped uneven long bangs that covered my eyes to the side and there revealed a villain like visual with her red bloody eyes glimmer as the light touches it. Damn. She looked hot.

     I was cut to my narcissistic day dreaming when a knock was heard from the door. Right. The very first thing that I needed to do was probably put this Devaine's life on the right track.

     And I need to start it, right now.