CHAPTER 25 : GRANDPA

When the Duchess Annalia arrived at the veranda, Devaine was already being treated by a man in black robe. She quickly realized it as one of her Father's shadow knights, Hale - a very skilled doctor and also a knight. He was once one of the knights that accompany Annalia when she was younger as she was too adventurous and often went home with lots of bruises and wounds so her father, the Grand Duke appointed Hale to accompany Annalia wherever she goes to be assured that his daughter's bruises and wounds would be treated quickly to avoid having scars.

     " Father. "

     Annalia whispered as she saw a man standing on the side of the railing. His red eyes shine within the moonlight which made Lena tremble in fear.

     The Devil of the Battlefield. With red eyes that looks like it was from a devil and dark red hair that looks like blood.  He is as tall as a poll and big as a mountain that the Duchess looks so small compared to his size.

     His black and white robe outfit even looks like an armor as his muscular body did not fade as he ages. It was even visible as his coat was being worn by her granddaughter. Though the coat looks like a raincoat on Devaine as it is too long for her though it made her feel warm as it effectively blocks the cold breeze of air.

     " It's nice to know that you birth two warrior children Aliya. Though you should have given them fair physic to make the fight worth watching. "

     His tone was firm and very domineering. Yet for Annalia who had known her Father, it has no effect.

     " It is nice seeing you again Father. I hope mother was doing well. Do tell her that I am praying for her well-being. "

     Annalia replied after looking straight at her father's face. She had missed this big man so much.

     " If you are worried about her that much, then visit her yourself. She had been asking about you more often these days that your brothers are ready to smash down that damn duke's gate any time soon. That son of a bitch dare imprison you in that measly manor that you got so sick I can't even recognize you. "

     The Grand Duke's voice felt like a roar as he spoke with indention. You can even feel him snarl upon talking about the duke. You can really feel how he hated that man.

     " I am clearly aware of my mistakes father as I am now regretting them. Though I am happy that I have my children now. "

     The Grand Duke saw his daughter smile in sadness as she watched her daughter being treated. She is blaming herself as she could have prevented this if she only tried. She could have mended the relationship between the two when they were young. Now, these kids will be hard to reconcile, as wounds are now deeper than before.

     " I called you here to tell you that I plan to take this kid to our home. You must have realized that it would be hard for them to be in the same house after knowing that these types of events might happen again. "

     Annalia was surprised upon hearing her father but knowing that what he said is right, saddens her.

     " But the Empress had only given her the deal today. I am afraid the Duke of Corzen might not permit the idea. "

     A part of the cemented railing was crushed as the Grand Duke tightened his grip on it.

     " How dare he challenge my word?! I'll take care of that duke's measly excuse tomorrow so be sure to pack the child's things as I will be going to your manor to get those. "

     Annalia nodded as there is no better place for her child Devaine to go other than her grandparents territory. Seeing how talented her daughter was, it was sad to say that being under her father's care would just hinder her growth.

     " I will. Father, take care of my child. Support her in everything she wants as she is wise and knows what is good. Though guide her as she is still incapable of protecting herself sometimes. I'll solve my own problems at home at promise to return to our home after I had taken care of it all. "

     The Grand Duke hugged his only daughter before he let her go and turned his back on her. The master of Guillem carried Devaine who was now sleeping as Hale had hit her neck, enough to just make her fell asleep. It would be easier to carry her than letting her be conscious when she seems to be very distraught.

     The Grand Duke and Hale jump to the veranda. They had no other choice as walking inside the banquet while holding the unconscious Deavine would cause an uproar.

     The Empress and Emperor had already been notified so servants of the palace was already task to assist the Grand Duke to flee the banquet through the maze garden and be sure to cover them up as to not alert any nobles and aristocrats.

     As cover up, more desserts were cooked by the chefs in the palace and drinks were served by servants to divert the attention from the absence of the main character and her grandfather.

     The banquet continued like nothing happened while Devaine was now on the carriage of the Guillem, unconscious as they take the road towards the West, where the Guillem's territory was.

     The Duchess, forcing to act calm, was very worried about Devaine yet she had all her trust to her father. So she continued her way to where Dianna was.

     Lena, who was tasked to go back to the Duke's Manor first, contracted a public carriage as riding the Corzen carriage would gather attention. She was task to pack all Devaine's things before the Duke and the children go back to the manor. Then it would be hard to be discreet about Devaine leaving.