CHAPTER 34 : TEA PARTY

THIRD PERSON'S POV

The ladies are now seated on their seats while waiting for the host to arrive. The table had obvious division as you could see the difference in clothes and demeanor of those of high status and those of low ones. The daughters of the Marquises and daughters of Earls are talking on their own while the others who came from the houses of viscount, count and baron are also in their own conversation. There was a clear division of power and a clear group of ladies.

A lady in pink dress can be seen not so far away walking towards the garden. With her light blonde hair and countless hair ornaments like snow, she shines under the sun.

As she reached the table in the garden where the tea party would take place, the servants bowed and assisted her to her seat. She thanked them and as she takes her seat. A very rare scene for the ladies in the table.

" I should excuse myself for being late. Did you all wait for long? "

Red eyes glimmer as she smiles. The ladies stuttered upon answering and told her that they had just arrived when they all waited for atleast half an hour.

" This is my very first tea party and I am happy that this many people had attended. I had prepared desserts and refreshments. Please enjoy yourselves as we talk. "

A line of servants emerged from the manor while holding carts with wheels.

" Oh my! It was the same scene like my mother had told me! "

" My father had also been telling me nonstop about this. "

The ladies of 'low' status squeeled as they saw such sight. Their parents had been bragging and telling them nonstop about such events that they could not wait to see it themselves.

" I congratulate you my lady, for the opening of your 'cafe' business at the central. "

The daughter of a count greeted Devaine with a smile. The daughters of Earls and Marquis did not liked what she did and glared at her.

     " Thank you. I am glad to know that you knew about my cafe. Did you visit it ?

     Devaine gladly replied. Flashing her smile as her eyes glimmer in anticipation. The lady blushed though as Devaine look like she is flirting with her. Too much beauty can't be good for her heart.

     " I'm sorry Lady Devaine. I was unable to visit its first week of opening as the line and reservation were full. Though I am happy to be invited here as I really wanted to meet you. Being so successful at such a young age. You became a model for me. "

     The lady talked nonstop while expressing different emotions. Devaine was shocked upon hearing it and blushed which the ladies were shocked.

     " My lady, you were too red. One might think you are inlove. "

     Lena said as she served Devaine's refreshment. The table was served with different desserts and refreshments that it was colorful.

     " Lena. How could you comment such a thing. Are you trying to embarass me infront of all these ladies ? "

     The servants smiled and laughed timidly as they hear their lady. She may look like a real and intimidating, very attractive lady right now, but they can't really forget how easy to tease she is.

     The ladies at the table had their mouths open upon seeing a lady from the highest position joking with her servants. It was no secret that they were all close as the servants could laugh and smile on her.

     " How could you laugh with your servants my lady ? Don't you think that it was disrespectful of them to do that? "

     A daughter of a Marquis commented as she had her brows furrowed.

     Devaine smiles faded as she signals the servants to stay back which they all did. Only Lena stood on the side while the servants took their seat on the long wooden bench a little far from the table that the ladies were using.

     " I am aware that some houses are strict in terms of boundaries but I prefer a relationship with my servants like this. I am not to tell you that you are treating your servants wrong but do let me treat mine in a way that I want. They are not only servants in my eyes, they are now my friends and also workers of my ceramic business. Let them laugh lady, they often tease me here and there that I am now used to it. "

     As if Devaine had halo on her head, the ladies seems to see wings behind her.

     'The rumors about her were all false and whoever spread that should die in guilt. '

     The ladies had same thoughts on their heads as they smiled in response.

     " I feel ashamed about my comment my lady, I'd hope you did not take it wrongly. "

     " Oh no. It's alright. Even my etiquette teacher scolded me about those as I am not following the footsteps of a perfect lady. "

     The ladies laughed together that they all looked towards each other. The division of the table earlier seemed to have faded as they greeted each other for the first time since they had been sitting there.

     " I believe that there is no perfect lady, Lady Devaine and that each of us should do what we want. "

     " I'd hope I could say something like that. I guess being born in a baron's family, I could not dream of not following what my father says. "

      " Goodness, Lady. One should not lose their hope. I should talk to my father and ask him to talk some sense to Count ****. A daughter is a child. Not a tool. "

     An Earl's daughter said as she fans herself.

     " It is right Lady ****. Tell me if there is something I could help you with. "

     " Yes. You could send me a letter too. "

     The table became loud as the ladies became enraged in what the Baron's daughter had said. It was as if they were fighting for being her savior that they are busy telling her to not be shy and contact them if she wants to.