CHAPTER 22 : DION

Dion is now together with the other kids at the one side part of the banquet hall. He is with Lena who was holding a big basket of the cookies he helped his sister pack for him to give to his 'friends'.

     But he never had friends. Well he can't say that to his sister who is excited to see him with one. He can't disappoint his pretty sister just because he can't find 'friends'.

     He just stood there while Lena is just watching the youngest master on what he planned to do. Her lady has already told her to let Dion do all the work and just hold the basket of cookies. Her lady's goal was for the youngest master to start being brave and come out of his shell and meet people. For she told her that she does not have any plans on letting one of the twins be the next duke which Lena also thinks. If they were to be the next duke then they would just spend their fortune on whatever Lady Dianna wants. They don't like a duke who is a siscon. Lena holds the basket tightly while silently giving encouragement to the master.

     Dion saw two of the kids that came to his 6th birthday so he gathered all his courage and walked towards them.

     " Hi. I'm Dion Corzen. "

     With a smile on his face that her sister trained him to do and a bow that he tried to learn , he greeted the two girls that were sitting together while watching the older people socialize.

     " Are you the youngest master of the duke? I'm Andrea.  I am a daughter of a count. "

     " It's nice meeting you here young master. My name's Bearl. I'm from a count's family too. "

     Lena saw the two girls blush when their young master offered them to hand shake.

     " I'm glad to find familiar faces here. My family was on the other side. "

     Dion said as he tried to point where his mother and sister were at.

     " Why did you leave them? You could just stay with them. They are even together with the Empress.  " - andrea

     " Right. Unlike us. Our parents need to talk to a lot of people so we would be left alone if we stayed. " - Bearl.

     Lena nodded as she understood what the kids meant. Unless you were a grand duke or a duke family, you would need to socialize and talk to a lot of people at the banquet. They go to banquets to links with people and hope for new collaboration or partnership projects. Unlike Duke's and Grand Duke's who go to banquets because their presence is highly needed therefore the imperial family invites them to participate in compulsory.

     " My sister and I packed some cookies because she wants me to have friends. You can get as many as you want. "

     The two girls asked for two packs each. Dion smiled happily when he saw that the cookies were becoming fewer. Therefore his sister would know he is a good boy and make him a tasty drink.

     " What is that? "

     An arrogant voice came from not far from where they were at. Dion looked at the side and saw a boy with black hair and gold eyes staring at the basket intently.

     " Do you want some? My sister and I packed those cookies. "

     Lena saw the youngest master take a pack of cookies and extend his arm to invite the boy to take it.

     " Do I look like someone that would eat those untasty things? "

     Dion's face hardened. He is pissed at what the boy said. His sister bakes delicious cookies. Who is this boy to judge food when he never even tasted them?

     " Who are you to say that to the cookies my sister personally made! "

     The boy is shocked by Dion's yell. Then he became angry. Thinking that Dion is being arrogant.

     " What's so good about having a sister. They only knew how to dress up anyway.  "

     Dion fumes in anger upon hearing him insult to his sister.

     " How can you know when you never had a sister as good as mine! "

     Dion threw the food at his feet which angered the boy more. He thinks that Dion is insulting him for not taking the cookies and even telling him he never had a good sister. He was so angry because he thinks it's true.

     The black haired boy ran towards Dion and pushed him with force which made Dion fall hard on the ground

     Lena was shocked to see what happened. But before she could scold the black haired boy, she heard Dion sniff . He was crying while looking at his scratched hand. It is both scratch by floor that was not that perfectly shiny to minimize someone slipping down at the banquet floor. It is something that won't hurt an older person if they were to slip. But if it was a kid that has yet to have a harder skin, it would scratch them. 

     The boy's face changed from anger to worry when he saw Dion crying while there was some blood dripping on both his hands. His reddish pink eyes glimmer as his tears fell non-stop.

     " Oh no young master. Please stop crying. I'll call My Lady here right now. "

     Lena worriedly said while holding Dion's injured hand. She had put down the basket to tend to his youngest master's injury.

Click Clack Click Clack Click Clack Click

     " Dion. "

     A warm toned voice called Dion's name. It was not like his mother's always stern voice. He looked up while still crying and saw the blonde haired silhouette standing not too far from him. His eyesight was blocked by tears and therefore could not be seen properly.

     " Calm down and come here. "

     With the help of Lena, Dion stood up and cried even more as he ran towards his sister who picked him up and carried him.

     The black haired boy was taken aback at the eyes who glanced at him while holding the Dion who was crying. While the kid that cried had pinkish red eyes, the lady that was standing there has a clear bloody red like ruby eyes.

     It was too red that it looks like it would it would eat him.