CHAPTER 26 : GUILLEM

The people in the centre were shocked to see the carriage of the Guillem passing through. It was so early in the morning that seeing that pitch black carriage with the red lion crest is just too intimidating.

     " Was the border being attacked again? "

     " But it's only been a month since the last expedition? "

     " You are right. And as far as we know, we have won. "

     The people's confusion grew as another carriage passed by. Now two towering, large black carriage was making its way out of the centre. And it wasn't a scenario you would always see often. The people can't hide their curiosity and rumors began to spread like wildfire. Fast and wide.

     After all the civilian's curiousity though, the two carriage entered the Corzen Dukedom and stopped at very entrance of the manor.

     The duke slipped and fall as he rush quickly to put on proper clothes and prepare to meet the people from the Grand Duke. He don't have any idea what they want as they have been very quiet after their wedding so knowing that they have visited him after 22 years is something that he is very afraid of.

     The Grand Duke arrived at the main entrance followed by all the servants that stood in line to prepare to meet the people from the Guillem.

     Far from what the Duke had expected though, Astero Guillem popped out of the carriage. It made Dylan Corzen break in sweat as that man is the oldest brother of Annalia. A man known for being as big as his father and was also following the path of being a devil. I mean in the battlefield.

     Another person popped out from the second carriage and Duke Corzen almost fall to the ground upon seeing Adrian Guillem. A younger brother of Annalia. He might be smaller to his older brother in size but the height did not disappoint the Guillem Family. With a face of a delinquent, he is known to be very dangerous as he is a skilled assassin and also a long range shooter. He had the aim of a killer. Very much had the biggest contribution in the victory of the recent war expedition as he could just shoot the leader's head and watch that persons army fall into chaos without anyone commanding.

     Though that was not all as the Grand Duke himself, step out of the first carriage. The Duke Corzen now frozed in fear upon remembering his last meeting with this three.

     " I can't believe you stopped me from playing with my niece father. And to even send me to a place this stinky. "

     Adrian said while scanning the place before looking at Dylan directly.

     " Oi! Look who we have here! Is that you brother in law? How can you live in such a place like this after smooching all those gold bars and gemstones? Where did they all go that you can't even fix the smell ? "

     Adrian continued talking as he walks towards Dylan. He then stopped in front of him, and due to his height, the Duke of Corzen only reach his shoulders and even look like a child beside him.

     " Oh sorry. Guess you can't fix the smell. As it seems to be coming from you. "

     Adrian gave Dylan a psychopatic smile as his green eyes glimmer. He had green eyes but with a shade of red in it.

     Dylan force himself not to talk back as any wrong move and he'll have his head flying off.

     " It has been a while Master, young masters.   "

     A voice that came from Dylan's back saved him from continued harassment and all attention were switch to the person who talked.

     " Benson! Damn! I missed your nagging ! "

     Adrian said while walking to Benson and pushing Dylan away. He was about to hugged the butler but Benson held his face to stop him. Adrian pouted.

     " It's nice seeing that you are well Benson. Though we aren't 'young' masters anymore. "

     Astero said as he gave Benson a smile. The old man though, appeared to be mad.

     " It really is nice seeing that you are well Ben. Yet you can't even send any messages or reports that I thought you had died. "

     Benson lowered his head as he feels guilty. The madam had known long ago that he was task to send reports of the family's whereabouts as Annalia was furious that she punished Benson with 50 slashes. She was too hard hearted back then that talking about her father makes her angry. Benson also can't send any messages after he felt like the Duchess had already moved on for she got sick and worrying her might do harm. He was on edge whether to follow the madam or his master but upon thinking about it for long, he sends his very first report on the grand duke 2 days before the banquet. Telling him to attend as all members of Corzen would be there, including the second lady whom the grand duke had never seen ever before.

     So the grand duke, known to be very picky in attending banquets, decided to attend as he wanted to see his daughter after a long time but instead of feeling happy that he can now see his daughter and grandchildren altogether, he got furious seeing the poor condition of his beloved daughter and second grand daughter. It is very much shown that the Duke of Corzen is not capable of handling his family and the grand duke can't just sit still. Even though he can't take his daughter back as she said she needed to solve something too, he is very much serious about taking his granddaughter in and no one can stop him today. He would shed blood if necessary.

     He scanned the Duke's manor. He promised himself to destroy this goddamn house as soon as he take back his daughter and grandchildren. And he will cut this man's finger himself in the future.

     Unaware of what the grand duke is thinking, the duke ask the visitors to come in.