CHAPTER 42: TAILS

Esven, the second prince arrived. With blue hair and deep blue eyes, he is commanding a white leopard to blow water in the conference hall.

     " Esven! Be careful! "

     A ball of fire hit the leopard on the face. It came from inside the conference hall which is in flames.

     The leopard yelp in pain as the fireball had hit nose and near its eyes. Esven had to calm it down.

     The fire became stronger as a two tailed fox walked out of the hall. It was a small, red, furry fox with two tails and violet eyes.

     The servants felt horror upon hearing screams from inside the hall. There are still people stuck there!

     LENA!

     Devaine's eyes turned black as red , blood-like liquid drips from her eyes. She shook off Clastel's hold on her and ran towards the small fox not minding the screams that were heard calling her name.

     As if she wasn't afraid, she picked up the fox and tossed it on the wall. The fox hit its back on the brick wall and yelped in pain. The fire subsided a little which Esven took advantage of and ordered the leopard to calm down and blow water again.

     Devaine walked towards the fox, the tiny animal, the size of a cat, saw her approaching and stood up as it tried to sorrounded itself with fire again but the lady did not dare let it try and took the big basin and threw water to the animal. His fire extinguished. The animal shook in fear.

     The lady, which is clearly not in her right state, held the animal and tossed it towards the wall again. She did it again and again until the animal was drenched in blood. She did not look like she cared though.

     With long nails, Devaine grips the fox's neck and pins it on the wall.

     " Where's Lena ? "

     The palace servants shook in fear as they saw Devaine holding the animal like it was nothing. A little more tight grip and that animal would die on her hands.

     The imperial knights ran towards her when they saw the animal's eyes sparked.

     " M-My Lady! "

     Lena shouted. She had just exited the conference hall and had burns on both her legs and her right arm. She was currently being carried by the imperial knights that checked the conference hall for any casualties and survivors.

     Devaine looked at her back and saw Lena. Drenched in water as blood drips on her legs. Her eyes turn red again and slowly loosen her grip on the animal as she loses consciousness.

     Carib, who was near her, caught her before she could fall to the ground. The animal too, was put down on the ground.

     The fire, extinguished on its own.

________________________________________

     Lena screamed her lady's name which alerted the shadow knights of Guillem. Hui was about to take Devaine away when the animal sat on her chest as she was being carried by Carib.

     They froze, not knowing what to do as the animal sat fiercely on her chest. A small light emits from the animal's fur as it's red color fades. Its other tail too disappeared and was only left with one tail. It had changed its color. From a bright red to a light blonde. Like Devaine's hair.

     Esven, who was an owner of an 'exotic' saw the strange phenomenon and quickly ran towards Devaine. Carib, clutched her safety to not let her fall.

     " It changed its color ? I never saw an exotic changing in colors. "

     Esven said as he scan the animal. The small fox though, yawn before walking in circles and curling itself up in a ball again.

     " DEVAINE! WHERE'S MY GRANDDAUGHTER?! "

     A roar was heared at the hallway as the duke rushed inside. Carib turn around to let the duke know that he was holding her yet they both looked at each other as they don't know what to do. Do they need to put her down or what? What if the animal wakes up and burns her ?

     The palace was in chaos. With servants screaming upon seeing some casulaties and survivors being carried by the imperial knights and imperial guards who had entered the hall when the fire was extinguished.

     Some are lucky to be carried outside with major burns on their bodies but some are quite unfortunate and were being transported outside, lifeless.

     Screams. Cries and sadness engulfed the palace hall. This was the first time an exotic had lose its temper and attacked the palace. And to makes matter worse, it was even a fire type. If it was only a wind, or a ground or a water type, it would have been less damaging.

     The grand duke was in deep regret as it was his fault that this all happened. If only he did not take the animal inside nor did he remove the wet cloth, this should not have happened.

     It was even in a cell that restricts it's ability yet it must have been a different level of exotic. Like what has been reported 5 years ago. A large bird air type exotic.

     The grand duke held his granddaughter's hand tightly as he looked at the little fox who was sleeping so calmly like it did not do any wrong.

      Why did that son a bitch picked his granddaughter to be its owner?! It should have picked someone else! How is he supposed to protect her from now on when it means that she would be going to war as she is now an 'owner'.

     The grand duke swore countless of times within his breath. His daughter would kill him if she ever to be notified about this. He was ought to protect her, yet he never did.