CHAPTER 10 : A THREAT

The kingdom of Lizanta was buzzing and busy as scandalous news was spread in the kingdom far and wide.

     It was about the second lady of the house of the Duke of Corzen whom was known to be a black sheep of the family. News about her doing something disgraceful 'again' was now the topic of all people in the kindom. Wether it might be tea parties, gatherings, birthdays, or even just the vendor customer talks on the market, it was the topic. That the Duke of Corzen was such a stain in the family name that they pity the poor sweet angel Dianna for having a twin sister like her.

     The main character though, was unaware of the buzz she had created, and even if she knew, it was still unsure if she would care.

     " Lady, do you want to go to the garden? The gardeners were hoping for you to visit as they said that the flowers are now starting to bloom this time. "

     Lena said as she was tidying up the cups and mugs. The maids were all helping each other. Some are washing the dishes, some are wiping them dry and some are placing them back to the cupboards and cabinet.

     Devaine was sitting on the long table on the kitchen. She was eating the cake Mr. Mac's and the other chef made for her. It was a carrot cake that is less sweet as they already know she was not a fan of too much sugar.

     " I don't know. Maybe in the following days. I don't wanna run into some shit again today and ruin my day. "

     The maids all laugh as their lady speaks in language like the streets again. She may be dignified once she was outside but she complains like this when she was with them. They are still happy though. This just means that she considers them as someone she could open up to.

     " Lady, news about you making a scandal was being spread outside. Some people working at the mansion who saw the incident yesterday might have talked about it outside. "

     May, one of the maids said as she continued to wash the dishes. She had heard the news from the gardeners as they had told her about it when she brought tea for them this morning. They share tea with some workers here in the mansion. I mean, with those people that they have good relationship with. (People who respects their miss )

     The maids watched their lady as they anticipate some reactions but she just continued to ate her cake like she did not hear anything.

     They all look at each other and smiled in defeat as they continue doing their chores. What else do they expect from their second lady. Of course she does not care about things like .

     Though, deep inside, they are just concerned about the image of their second miss. She is now nearing her social debut as it would take place as soon as she turn 18. ( Some ladies already had debuted younger though as it was allowed to debut in the social world at age 13-18. 18, being the last year of being free, one would be forced to debut once they reach 18, the last year someone was allowed to debut or else they would be shunned by the public.)

     Their first miss, Dianna, debuted as soon as she reached the age of 13 and was now active in attending gatherings which made her well-known as the beautiful daughter of the Dukedom of Corzen. With it though, brings curiosity to the second born daughter, Devaine, which is known to look like her older sister Dianna and also looking like her Mother, Annalia. A combination they could not imagine and was very much curious to see.

     All curiosity though, also brings Devaine bad luck as all her whereabouts was being exposed in a public left and right and therefore she was known to be the complete opposite of her sister and was believed that she it was because of her attitude that she was still not allowed to have a debut.

     The main character of all the gossip though, was still unfazed.

_________________________________________

     " Why are you furrowing your brows too much? Someone might say you were forced to attend today's ball. "

     The fourth prince, Jaicob said as he stood beside Dianna who was on the balcony facing the grand garden of the palace while holding a drink on her hand.

    She did not respond and the prince was already aware what the issue was.

     It was her sister, Devaine, whom he never met but a person who was always capable of making herself be the center of talk every time she does something.

     It may be not a good attention though, but still, attention is still attention and all of the other people in the empire was just waiting for her debut to see who is this problematic lady and how unhinged she really was.

     Jaicob too, was curious about what this girl look like as according to the rumors, she looks like Dianna and the Duchess of Corzen combined and as he had met the Duchess, whom was his fathers first love, he already expected the lady to have a face card that would never decline.

     Or was he expecting too much?

     He stared at Dianna who was on a deep thought. Jaicob already knows that Dianna seems to be very insecure when the topic was about her sister and he does not know why for he had not met the 'sister' either. But all he knew was that, Dianna thinks of her sister as a threat.

      What threat could she be ?