CHAPTER 4 : SHADOW

I entered my room while the two maids who followed me excused themselves before shutting the door close. I let myself fall on the bed. I am so exhausted just by talking with those toxic shits. Now I wanna know if it was because of how her family treated her that Devaine became like she was or was it because of her being a psychopathic loser that her family treated her that way. It should be one way or the other.

     I stared at the ceiling. I possessed the body of Devaine one day before she kidnapped and tortured the third prince of this empire. A very bold act of a 16 year old I say.

     I bolted at the window when I heard a knock on it. Shit. I almost forgot that it was this time when her one and only shadow servant reported to her about the third prince's carriage being attacked by mercenaries in the middle of their way back down the mountain. They came from the shrine on the top of the mountain and have just finished their visit and decided to come down as soon as possible for Dianna and the prince were supposed to meet up today.

     Devaine and Dianna were twins. And Dianna was the older one who was 20 minutes earlier than Devaine. Imagine only being 20 minutes earlier and all the attention was on you ever since even when the younger one already came out. Imagine coming out of your mother womb, just a little bit later, just 20 minutes later and that have decided your fate.

     " Master. "

     A voice instantly talked as soon as I opened the window. It was Hui. The shadow servant Devaine had.

     " His carriage whom was going down the hill was cornered by numerous mercenaries. He way on his way to meet Lady Dianna "

     I stared at him. The report was precise and direct. He had only said what he thinks I need to know and what Devaine wants to know. Very skilled. It was such a shame that this shadow servant became Dianna's once Devaine died. Was it because they possess some common features, or was it because Dianna is the 'healer' of all broken guys? What is it. I smiled bitterly while thinking about it. How the only guy Devaine ever had still fell into Dianna's lap after she perished.

     " Master. What is your command. "

     I looked away from him and turn my gaze outside the window. I watched the tree branch whom has almost reach the walls of my room. Dianna has the view of the flower garden on her balcony at her room. With a swing and a two persons table with chair for her afternoon tea time when she wants to be alone. My gaze wavered but I still instantly collected myself.

     " Let them be. Or you could help them a little bit and then leave them on their own. I shall never receive any report regarding this prince, nor do I want to hear any reports about this boy. "

     I saw the branch of the tree dance as a slightly strong wind blew over it. Some of it's leaves started falling and I decided to catch one.

     " You can rest for a while. I shall summon you again once I need your help. "

-----------------------------------------------------------

     The shadow servant watched his master looking outside the window. Her blonde hair was unkept and tangled yet some was still able to be blown by the wind. She looked lonely and sad as she reach out to catch another leaf. She was so thin that her night gown does not even look like it was hers.

     The master that he had served for the past 16 years had grown to be in a more terrible state of physical and mental health. He was just watching and protecting her from afar but could not even dare to meddle any further for he know that she would not like that. Her master is a closed hearted person or rather, she had closed her heart after experiencing too many things she can't call happy memories.

     He bowed his head before swiftly exiting at the side of the window, ready to finish what his master had told him to do. To help the prince just a 'little' and then leave him be.

------------------------------------------------------------

     I watched Hui swiftly running at the back garden while still able to be unnoticed by the other servants who were working there when I heard my door open. It was Dianna.

     " You can put that there. "

     She ordered the maid that was following her who was holding a tray with juice and sandwiches. The maid put it down on the small table at the small sala that my room had.

     I looked at Dianna. She is wearing a baby pink puff dress with top quality fabrics unlike me who has a wardrobe full of plain one colored fabrics, the dress she was wearing today was far far more superior than all my clothes combined. I smirked at the thought.

     " Sister. You shouldn't have talked at Father like that. "

     I looked at her like she was talking nonsense.

     " What did I do? "

     I pretended to be unaware of what I did. Just incase she wanted some drama, I won't let her have it.

     " You knew very well that you are not as good as me. I mean, your good on your own but just not as good as I was. So you should have listened to whatever father says. He just wants you to be as bettter as me. "

     What did she just say? What the mother fucking narcissistic shit was this girl talking about.

     " I'm not as good as you? "

     I wanted to confirm. I mean. I want to just hear it one more time, before I could process it.

     " Yea. But it's fine. I'll just do everything more better, so that you won't have to do anything . I mean, the you can always hide in my shadow. Like you always used to. "

     Damn. Was this the true personality of Dianna? I mean, being in this family and being a saint would be too much of an impossible. But to think she was two faced. Damn.

     " Your shadow's too narror, I can't even hide. Maybe do something more bigger. I mean hiding in your shadow would be much fun if you have a bigger one. "

     I saw her crushed the sandwiches that she was eating when it was supposed to be mine.