CHAPTER 52: RUCKUS

A cold hand touched Devaine's forehead which made the lady look up. She met Clastel's face looking down on her.

" Tired? "

Devaine nodded which made Clastel smile. He sat beside her and patted her head. Why do people like to pat her head so much? Is she a dog?

She did not say anything as she was too tired to talk. All she wants was to eat and then sleep.

She looked at the people who were gathering at the bonfire near where Lena was standing. She is giving out food to those people. Devaine thought it was a good idea to take one servant with her, that way she won't inconvenience the others and has someone who she could ask to do things. And someone that knows how to cook well. She is going on a war as it is, why would she want to eat tasteless food.

A minute later, Clastel was called by the other exotic owners as Wester is walking towards Devaine while holding two bowls of chicken soup.

As the cold wind is quite strong, you don't really need to blow your food to cool if off. So Devaine ate quickly and then walked towards tent and slept early.

_________________________________________

" Was the lady asleep already? "

A knight ask as he asks for seconds. Lena gladly scoop food and put it on his bowl. She glance at Devaine's tent where she would also be resting and the lights was already off.

" She must have been tired. Let her be. You should all be grateful she was not causing a fuss like those girls over there. "

The right hand man of Astero said as he pointed his finger towards the other side. There, you can see the two exotic owners of the lizard and the cheetah causing a ruckus about how uncomfortable their tent was.

" We'rent they used to it by now? It's probably their 3rd time joining the expedition right? "

Lena said as she scoops food for her own. She can only eat after she had given all the troops first. She wasn't that hungry so it's alright.

" Ha. It's like this everytime we camp at night. Are they supposed to have soft mattresses when we are going on war? "

A soldier of higher position commented as he eats. The other troops on their side nodded as they knew it was true. It was always like this everytime they camp so they are almost used to it though it still upsets them.

" The sheets were too thin! My back hurts just from looking at it! "

Layza, the lizard exotic owner said while pointing at the beddings inside the tent they are supposed to sleep with the cheetah owner.

" Ha. Even after all that, you all still don't know the basics? Do you really think a lady should sleep with that kind of poor preparation? How are we supposed to fight in war if we can't sleep comfortably. ! "

The cheetah owner exclaimed which was heard through the whole campsite. Their voices are starting to get louder.

The ruckus continue as the troops that prepared their bedding could only lower their head in hope that they would stop so that they could eat already.

Almost half an hour and the two still was going about it. Astero and Adrian were away scouting the perimeter with Clastel and Carib so the person with the highest authority with them at the camp, was Esven. He's had enough of their drama so he was just sitting on the side, enjoying his soup.

Many other soldiers had tried to stop the two women as to let the 3 poor soldiers to eat already but to no avail. They would only be caught up with their outburts. Another 10 minutes had passed and the two was still going at it. Lena already felt sorry for the 3 but she really can't do anything as the two ladies where of noble birth.

The right hand man of Astero heard some noises on Devaine's tent and alerted Lena on it. Second later, Devaine step out of her tent with furrowed brows and it was clear she had just woken up.

" Lady Devaine, why did you wake up? You should go back to sleep. "

Lena quickly ran to Devaine as she tried to push her back to the tent. Her voice was low as to not scare Devaine who had just woken up.

Devaine did not budge though and squinted her eyes to see the other side of the camp. Lena realized about it and took a deep sigh.

" They were going on about how uncomfortable their tent was and that they couldn't sleep comfortably with it. The soldiers that put up the tent couldn't eat until they calmed down. The noise must have woken you up. "

Lena explained. Devaine nodded and as she pat her servant's shoulder to tell her she understands.

The gazes of all the troops at the camp all followed Devaine as she walked towards where the two women are. Slow and steady walk like she clearly knows what she wants to do, the troops can't help but be excited on what she would do.

" You had been going on about it for a while and I think that is enough. "

Layza and Beatrice( the cheetah owner ) looked at who said that as they are ready to know who dare stops them. There, bright red angry eyes met them. They shut their mouths.

" You should keep in mind that we are going to WAR. This ain't fun camping. And if you had prepared your own sheets, then this must have been prevented. As far as I know this was not your first time joining an expedition, yet you never even learn to bring your own beddings if you hate thin sheets so much. And to think you are raising your voices like you are the only ones here. The soldiers are not your servants, they are our companions. Next time, bring your own servants that you can yell into and be sure to do that far from the other tents to let other people sleep in peace. If you had so much energy to yell for almost an hour, then you won't be needing any rest as it seems as though you two are quite energetic. "

Devaine looked at the two who are now quiet. Then she glanced to the 3 soldiers who are still bowing down.

" Raise your heads. And get your food already. Ask Lena for seconds and eat a lot. We are going to depart early tomorrow. Finish all your food and quickly rest. "

Devaine glanced at the two ladies one more time before she turns her back and walk towards her tent. Seconds later, the light was turned off.

" Hmph. It's their fault for being so loud. "

Lena said as she scoops a lot of meat for the 3 soldiers that ate late. All the troops quickly ate their fill and quietly prepares their beddings as they all slept early. Their are rotations for guarding so some stayed awake until it was their turn to sleep.

They can't help but feel proud that someone is willing to stand on their side even if their commanders weren't present, it makes them happy and motivated.