CHAPTER 21 : BLONDE HAIR

Dianna had a dissatisfied look on her face even after the dinner was finished. She did not like how her sister was being talked about everywhere in this banquet.

She felt more insecure when the Empress walked towards them but was talking to Devaine continuesly as her sister stood and walked beside the Empress. The Empress was even seen smiling at her mom and sister but only looked at her for a second. Like she was not worth her time.

She had it enough already after being ignored by her moms friends. The Marchioness and the Countess which was supposed to be women who she liked to have a connection with as they are both in a family of wealth and power.

" Father! Why is the Empress treating me so unfairly?! " she whispered in anger. She may be mad but she can't publicly say nor shout her thoughts. She only talked when her mom, her sister and her mother's friends left to go meet other people.

" Calm down , Dianna. It was just because she is with your mother. The Empress is only interested in your mother, The Duchess for they are friends. "

The duke calms her daughter down while her twin siblings start fanning her like some stupid followers.

She grumpily stayed on her seat while following her gaze to where her sister and the Empress were.

------------------------------------------------------------

The emperor is watching his wife, the Empress chatting with his childhood friend Duchess of Corzen. He is glad that his childhood friend was in a better health now that after a few years of being absent in the social gatherings, seeing her being able to attend again makes his heart happy. She might only speak harsh words on him but he knew she was a true friend.

The Crown Prince who excused himself earlier came back and sat to her seat, which is next to the Empress's chair.

" You took your time. "

The Emperor told the crown prince. He knew that he was gone for almost an hour therefore it is only reasonable that his Father would say that.

" Cain is in a bad mood and was making tantrums. Therefore I helped the Consort calm him down before he hit another servant again as he was throwing things. "

The Emperor nodded. His youngest child, Prince Cain does have tantrums sometimes and it's only natural to kids of that age. He must enjoy his childhood before he grows up as he will be given lots of responsibilities.

The Consort then also arrived and sat at her seat, which is on the left side of the King, exhausted.

" You must have a hard time. "

The King said as he patted the Imperial Consort's hand. The latter smiled exhaustedly as she close her eyes. The King let her be as he know raising a child is a harwork.

He then signaled the Crown Prince.

" Look below. She is having a good time chatting with her friend. "

As the Crown Prince looked below him, he saw his mother happily chatting with someone with pink hair. Pink hair?

" Has Aunt Annalia recovered? Is that Aunt? "

With an excited look on his face, he glanced at his father who was looking proud while smiling.

His Aunt, a dear friend of his mother who is the only daughter of the Grand Duke of Guillem is known for her strong personality and blunt words towards everyone. He and the twin sons of Duke Corzen were playmates when they were young therefore she often saw the Duchess while she was pregnant.

He soon heard when he was 14 from her Queen mother that his Aunt Annalia had fallen sick after she gave birth to the youngest of the Corzen Dukedom. He never knew that his Aunt was that frail but upon realizing that she had given birth to two sets of twins for the past years, he knew that it was no easy task. He had seen her mother cursing the shit out of his father when she gave birth to his sister Caitlyn therefore even imagining to push two babies consecutively is far heroic to him.

He watched his Aunt happily talking with his mother. He is glad that she can now attend banquets again. She does look a bit frail but upon knowing that she is now recovering is good news already.

The Crown Prince can't help but tap his Father's arm when he sees a wavy blonde haired girl standing next to the youngest child of the Corzen who is sitting also standing next to his mother. She is wearing a very simple light pink which is something that Dianna won't wear.

She is standing still, back is straight up while she is talking with the mothers. She did not lose her perfectly straightened back and just tilted her head to check if his brother was doing alright and gave him a smile while the youngest master of Corzen replied with a beamed face. He is very happy just by holding his sister' s hand while also receiving compliments from nobles who look and tell him how cute or handsome he is. On the other hand, the girl with blonde hair looks like someone who is of high status that nearly perfected her etiquette.

But she is only 16 years old right?

With a wavy blonde hair that is lighter than Dianna's blonde almost bright yellow hair, paired with dresses that are simple yet somehow complimented her, she looks very much different to what the Crown Prince had expected for Dianna's twin to look and act like.

_________________________________________

" You should share your cookies with other kids Dion. It's a good way to make friends. "

The youngest child pouted.

" But then my cookies would be all gone~ "

She put her hand on her brother's head and combed his hair nearly.

" Remember that we packed it for you to give to your friends. I'll make you a more tasty drink if you're a good boy today. "

With the magic word, the kid's face lightened and hugged his older sister while asking to be patted more.

The two are in their own worlds. They did not even know how many eyes had been staring at them. Some are jealous and with anger. Some are with curiosity but a lot of them are in awe.

What more pleasant sight could be seen than a sister telling his brother to be kind ?

Little did they know, that the lady who teaches her brother to be kind, never planned to do the same.