CHAPTER 51 : JOURNEY TO THE BORDER

It was already the day that the expedition journey towards the border would happen. Countless women were at the capital saying their goodbyes and encouragement to either their husband, lover or family. The expedition consists of almost all men so the three women on the side were an attention grabber. One is the owner of the lizard exotic, one is the owner of the cheetah and one is the owner of the fox. The lizard was resting onto its owner's shoulders while the cheetah was laying onto its owner's feet. Snow on the other side was being fed by May.

     " You should hunt your own food snow. As you know you eat a ton, if you were to eat the soldiers shares, they wouldn't last a month. Do you understand? Hmm. I wanna come too but the lady did not allow me. Be sure to protect you mommy and Lena at all costs okay? Or else I won't give you any more turkey. "

     The soldiers could not help but watch Snow being reprimanded like he was a child. And upon seeing the portion that he eats, May wasn't lying that they would not last a month if they'd share their food with that fox.

     " Don't worry Lena. We'll help Snow with that. "

     Wester said and pointed at their uncle, Adrian. The soldiers nodded as they knew how accurate Adrian Guillem's aim was. It would be a piece of cake for him to hunt for food.

     The sound of the horn was heard and soldiers, knights and all people included in the expedition all went to their position. Some are using carriages, some are horses, and some are loaded wooden carts being pulled by horses. It had no ceiling and could load up to 20 soldiers. Four big horses were needed to pull it.

     Clastel was riding the eagle alongside the exotic lizard owner. They had been like this since their first time joining the expedition. The cheetah owner and the cat owner rode the cheetah. Esven rode with the dragon owner as the dragon flew with the eagle. Its size can't sustain the weight of a person. With all that, Snow grabs the attention the most.

     Red fur and four tails. He was now bigger than the eagle as his feet and tails were engulfed in flames. He was now as fast as the cheetah and was leading the expedition. He had since grown another tail upon eating something from the garden. With blonde hair tied on a ponytail, Devaine was riding alone as no one could stand how hot Snow was other than his owner.

     Clastel looked down to supervise the expedition troops below. There he saw Snow leading the troops like a champ. They have 3 days to reach the border and it had only been a day but they already reached a half of the way. The leader of the expedition, Astero pulled out the flag which signaled them to stop as they had found their camp site.

     Clastel examined the sorroundings before slowly commanding the eagle to go down.

     " It's safe here. There is also a small lake nearby that we can use. "

     Clastel said upon going down from the eagle. He had also assisted the lizard owner, Layza.

     " Good. Hurry up, put up the tent and start cooking! "

     Astero shouted to the troops before scanning the sorroundings for his niece. He saw her helping the troops from taking out the food while Snow rests on her head.

     " It must be convenient to change sizes huh? "

     Astero said upon walking near Devaine. Snow popped up his head and saw Astero. He stretches his legs and jumps towards Devaine's uncle.

     " Now, be a good boy and help us make a fire. "

     Snow looked at him in disbelief yet still rested on his head. He let out a huge laugh as he walked towards the troops who were assembling the woods for cooking and for the bonfire.

     Devaine let her uncle be as Snow looks like he liked him. She continues to help the troops in taking out the food they would be cooking. They are gonna cook chicken soup as the night is going to be cold.

     " Captain likes snow a lot huh. "

     " You know he likes small animals. Snow is cute in small form. "

     " Right. Even I want to pet him. But he's quite picky on people. "

     Devaine let the soldiers talk as she was too hungry to answer. She then proceed to help them peel and chop the vegetables as to finish it quickly.

     Lena soon took charge in cooking and the soldiers let them be as they know damn well she is a pro in it.

     Devaine sat down on the side as the troops had shoo her away when she tried to help them with building the tent.

     " You're in a deep thought Dev. "

     Wester said as he sat beside her. He was holding a blanket and therefore wrapped her with it.

     " I'm just tired Wes. "

     Wester nodded as he know this is Devaine's firm time joining an expedition. Riding a fox whose running as fast as a cheetah would ache your body if your not used to it. And this was the first time Devaine rode Snow.

     " Just wait for a while. The soup was almost ready. "

     Wester patted Devaine's head when Lena shouted that the soup was already ready.

     " See? Wait here, I'll get you a bowl. "

     Devaine looked at his cousin's back. She is still in a deep thought about what would happen as she had no idea whatsoever that a war would take place in this story. All she knows was this was supposed to be all romance and cringe scenes.

     But here she is, camping outside, joined an expedition and was on the way to battle. They only have 350 troops with them right now and the other 500 were already at the border. Still, they still lose in numbers.

     Devaine was in a deep thought about tactics she can do when a cold hand touched her forehead, it was Clastel.