CHAPTER 8 : FIRST SIGN

" Good morning second miss! "

     Devaine was welcomed by warm greetings and all smiling faces of the servants and cooks inside the kitchen. They had interacted for hours yesterday while she tried to brew the other tea leaves she discovered at the kitchen and therefore she had bonded with the servants.

     " Good morning. "

     She greeted them back as she walked inside. The ceramic pots and cups are already in the big island of the kitchen. It was clean and ready to be used. Even the kettle has already been boiling in the stove.

" The chefs prepared biscuits and sandwiches my lady, you should eat breakfast before brewing tea again. "

Lena , the maid with black hair said as she put the plates with food in front of her. She also saw the other servants nodded after what Lena said.

" Thank you. Let's eat together. "

All the servants shook their head to say no. They all knew that there should be a limit to how they can make close relationship with the lady. For she, is a duke's daughter.

" Come on. No one is watching. I also don't want to eat alone. As a duke's daughter, you all better know that you should obey my command. "

Devaine said in a stern voice which made the servants flinched then all rushed to bring their own chairs and all sit around the island.

     Devaine then laughed while she took a bite of her sandwich which made the servants realize that they have been tricked. Still, they join the second lady at breakfast while they talked about some trivial things.

------------------------------------------------------------

" My lady, may I ask you to taste this pie we made. "

Dianna stopped playing cards with the servants and rushed to the chefs side. Pie. She has been talking about pies yesterday that the chef made one for her today.

" What pie did you make ? "

     Devaine asked on a little bit excited voice. The servants are watching there small little lady as she mingle with the chefs. She looked adorable to them.

     " It's an apple pie my lady. Not too sweet like you wanted. "

     They then pulled eight pies from the big oven. All steamy as it was freshly baked.

     " Oh. I had a new tea flavor in mind. "

     The servants followed Devaine to assist her in making a big batch of tea like she used to do. They can't let her do all the work when they knew they would be all drinking.

     " The water has finished boiling my lady. "

" I have here the leaves you requested miss. "

" I shall serve the tea little miss ".

The tea finished quicker than it should for all servants help Devaine in brewing and serving it.

" And then pour the milk in. "

The servants and the chef never tried putting milk on a tea, but because their second miss told them to, they could not say no.

     After tasting her tea yesterday, they trust her so much now that they believe she has golden hands for making tea.

     " It's good to pair with this pie. Trust me "

     With those words coming from their own second lady's mouth, the servants all took a bite on each of their apple pie slice and then sip on the tea they put milk into.

     They all smiled in satisfaction as their stomachs is being filled.

------------------------------------------------------------

The duchess was busy with paperworks piled up on her office table while the youngest child of the duke's family, Dion is being tutored on the center table inside the room when a knock was heard from the door.

" Madam, excuse me but I have been asked to deliver food to you. "

Benson entered with two other servants from the kitchen and both are holding a tray.

" I never requested any snacks . Who did this came from ? "

The duchess stood up and sat on the other side of the center table where Benson ordered to put the food. The kitchen servants then opened the lid. It was pie and a drink. A rather unfamiliar drink.

" It was from Lady Devaine. It is apple pie made by the chef that was requested by the lady and a 'milk tea' she brewed with the help of the servants in the kitchen. "

The duchess stared at the drink Benson told her was tea. It was nothing close to what a tea should look like. But then, if her daughter who brewed her a tea flavor with unusual color just yesterday were the one who made this, I guess it's another flavor Benson said she wanted to make.

" What is that mother? "

Dion stood up and left her tutor to sit close to her mother. The servants instantly got the youngest child a cup and poured him tea.

" It was made by your sister Devaine. Remember the tea you saw me drinking earlier? "

     Dion nodded when he remembered the fragrant tea her mother was drinking when he entered the room. Yet because he does not like tea, he did not bother to try it even if it smells nice.

" Second sister knows how to brew tea? "

He could not believe what he heard. All he knew about the second sister he had was either her trying to harm herself or someone else, torturing someone or locking them in the dungeon with chains and everything and aggresively shouting. In short, causing trouble.

" Just try it. "

Dion looked at the tea on his cup again before lifting it up and drinking it. He liked it. The duchess knew. For her son would not even take a second sip if he does not like the drink and with him gulping in all down, tells a lot.

" I guess you like it that much. Benson, give him another cup. It seems that my youngest like the tea his sister brewed. "

Benson nod and pour the youngest master's cup with tea as Dion patiently waits with a smile.

The duchess smirks as she is not only happy that her son now likes a flavor of tea but knowing her daughter has a knack at making teas make her proud even more.