CHAPTER 16: BREAD

The highest position you could ever dream about in your life as you live in Lizanta was to hit the jackpot and be able to be recognized by the Queen and have yourself offered a 'deal'. By that, your life would be a flower path.

The Duke quickly called over one of the servants who was with them and whispered to him to get something from the carriage which the servant quickly understood and ran as fast as he could.

It didn't take long as the servant got back and passed to him the box Teodor gave him earlier.

" You might be talking about this Your Majesty. Yet I am afraid the bread might be hard now as few hours had pass. "

The Duke was about to step forward yet the Knight behind the Queen swifly moved and reach for the box instead.

" Let me check this first Mother as it may contain something. "

" Come on oppa ! I ate those earlier ! "

Caitlyn protested yet the knight did not even flinch.

Carib Lizanta. The adopted son of the Queen and was given the Royal Surname after he had been awarded the title of Knight Commander 2 years ago.

Carib removed his head armor and examined the food in front of him. He then quickly nodded and passed the box to the servants as they put each on a plate and gave some to the Royal couple.

Carib then gave the box with the remaining buns to Caitlyn which the latter accepted and gave her No.2 favorite brother a thumbs up.

" I heard you ate a lot of that already. Just eat one and eat the others tomorrow or else you would whine for more again. "

Carib said as he pat Caitlyn's head before putting back his armor and going back to his position, standing behind the Queen.

The King sighed in defeat upon seeing the three people acting like a harmonic family and ignoring him. He had lived like this for 20 years already and he was now used to it.

Plain bread with cream peeking on the side. It also has a red colored paste on the other side and chocolate powder drizzled on top.

The King and Queen cut the bread on the same time and both watch as the stuffing inside began to ooze out.

" Oh! "

The Queen exclaimed as she saw her bread ooze some very dark red color. While Kings had his with light red almost pink colored filling.

" Oh. You must have had the Strawberry one Father. But I never tasted that flavor that you have there mother. Is that a new flavor I didn't manage to get? "

Caitlyn exclaimed as they all saw the color of the filling that the Queen's bread have.

" You didn't get to try this flavor Cait? "

The Queen asked while Caitlyn nodded quickly. She even scanned the bread left in the box she was holding and saw a bread with the same filling colored filling oozing on the side like the bread her mother has. She picked it up and without needing a knife, she took a bite before giving a satisfied expression.

" Oh! I should have ordered this flavor too! What a shame... "

Caitlyn quickly turned to her side, and signaled her brother, the Crown Prince who was busy talking to everyone in the banquet to come closer which the latter did after taking a huge sigh.

" Try this brother. I think you would like this flavor. "

The Princess smilingly said as she raise the bun she took a bite from. The Prince gave her a glare, stopping himself from yelling to remind he does not like sweets.

" You could have given that to Carib. Why are you annoying me? "

Caitlyn rolled her eyes upon hearing her brother. Him and Carib are two peas on a pod when it comes to their dissatisfaction with desserts as they do not fancy sweets.

" Ugh. Then you both take a bite. I am doing this cause I think you might like this bread. How come you are being like that to me when it was my birthday. Are you that petty to not even try the food and say you don't like it after I made and effort for you to like something ? "

Carib's armor moved as he walked towards Caitlyn's chair and stood behind her.

" See? Brother Carib would even try it. You are so not my favorite anymore. "

Crown Prince Clastel gave a deep sigh before patting his spoiled sister's head and reaching for the bread whom is the reason he was almost eliminated as a favorite brother. Carib too, removed his head armor and took a bite to the bread Clastel was holding without even giving him a heads up.

" Ya! I was supposed to take a bite first! You took such a big bite, there were no fillings left. Just ate it all! "

Clastel shouted in anger after Carib leave him with bread almost as size of his finger after he took a big bite. Carib then ate the remaining just like Clastel said which made the Crown Prince even more mad and was about to throw a chair to the knight.

" Shush down Clastel. Eat mine. I want the one your Father has. "

Clastel calm down as he reach out for the plate her mother slid to the side and made a face to Carib before eating it. The knight gave him a side eye.

" Buy me hundreds of this Father. "

Clastel said and Carib nodded in agreement.

" Buy me 2 hundreds of those. "

Caitlyn said as she closed the box or her bread might be gone before she could eat it.

" Now you remember me ? "

The King grumpily said as he crossed his arms. He liked the strawberry one though.

" Buy me some of these, husband. "

The Queen said as she took a bite from the King's bread.

" Duke of Corzen, I would like to meet your daughter early tomorrow. "

With that, the Royal Family exited the banquet.