CHAPTER 18 : STRANGE LADY

The kitchen was loud and warm as almost 40 people were sitting on the table eating chocolate chip cookies and drinking Oolong Tea. You would never even see something this strange until a strange lady came to the kitchen in the palace.

     " Oh! I have never tasted tea this good before. Can you teach me how to brew this ? The Queen might like it. "

     Petra, the Head Maid exclaimed as she tasted the tea. She never tasted this good tea in her life that she doubted this young lady might be a secret tea expert.  Devaine slightly smiled upon hearing about it.

     " I am honored you liked it Head Maid. You can ask Daphne to teach you. She is my most skillful servant when it comes to brewing tea. "

     Daphne blushed after hearing her Lady compliment her while May and Lena pouted.

     " And these cookies My Lady, they're delicious! Princess Caitlyn might like this! "

     The head chef, Dean gave a hearty laugh as he said that. He liked how the cookie itself was not too sweet but because of the chocolate chip, each bite was a treat itself.

     " My servant here, May, could tell you the ingredients, she was the one who requested a chocolate snack which inspired me to make that. "

     May, nudged Lena with a proud smile which the latter rolled her eyes to.

     After they had their breakfast, the people in the kitchen began to feel comfortable with each other as they talked about trivial things while preparing the ingredients and talking about foods they want to try next.

_________________________________________

     The door of the Empress's chamber opened and the Head maid entered with countless of maids following her. She had a slight smile on her face that the Empress never see often.

     " Something good must have happened. "

     The Head Maid smiled again as answer to her master's words.

     " The lady you invited weren't someone who is like the rumors. Though just like what the rumors say, she truly is breathtaking. And very skilled too. "

     The Empress put her pen down and left her desk full of papers as she walked towards the table on her sala.

     " You must have look a liking on her. "

     The Empress said as she watched the servants put down all plates on the table.

     " I did. As she was kind and very mature. You might need to see her yourself for she really resembles your dear friend. She even has the same eyes. Though must darker. "

     The Empress remembered her dear friend Annalia. How she missed the days were they were still young and was only ever worried about trivial things. Now, they can't even see each other anymore as she is now busy with palace affairs and her friend, sadly, is with health issues.

     " I hope to see her soon but I had a lot of things to do for now. "

     She said as she took a sip with a strange colored tea.

     " Such perfectly brewed! I never knew tea could taste this good! "

     The Empress exclaimed which made the kitchen maids giggle. She look at them, amused.

     " My, she even made friends with the kitchen servants? "

     The servants smiled warmly to the Empress. She might be their master and was strict but she allows all servants in the palace to freely show their emotions even infront of her.

     " Her Majesty, try this Peppermint tea. The lady said that you might like the Oolong tea but she told us to let you drink this one. "

     The Head Maid approach the chair where the Empress was sitted.

     " This tea here, Your Grace is very good for headache. She brewed this after hearing that you often had headaches. Hopefully, this might help you. "

     The Empress looked at the tea with a lightly more greenish color. Strange color. And strange lady too. To be so caring in brewing another tea after hearing of some trivial things.

     " Call them over. I want to have a small tea party today. "

_________________________________________

     As the King heard his wife summons, he excused himself at a meeting which the delegates didn't bother to comment about as they knew that the Empress has the King under her feet.  The Crown Prince, who was with the King, also stood up and followed.

     Soon, all members of the imperial family was present in the table prepared at the greenhouse. Even the Imperial Consort was there.

     " You seem to be in a good mood Empress. Seeing that you picked the greenhouse as the venue for this tea party. "

     The King said as he took a seat. His wife smiled as she continued drinking her tea.

     Caitlyn happily ate the bread, pie and cookies that has blueberries on it. She even commented that she liked the tea too.

     All people enjoyed their food as they talk about trivial things and asks how each other's day was. This was a scene that was seen very rare in the palace at these people often doing their business separately.

     The Empress continues to drink her tea before putting it down.

     " I'll give this girl the 'deal'. "

     No one rebuted. As all of them knew this girl is deserving. Very unusual deal though as it is not a situation like how she gave a deal with her adopted son and the famous merchant.

     " If she is someone you think is deserving, then we know she is way more than what we see today. Congratulations, Your Majesty The Empress. "

     Imperial Consort Yvonne said with a smile on her face. The Empress nodded at her.

     " I appreciate your support Consort. Do tell me about any worries regarding our children. I'll be sure to send you an aid. "

     The Imperial Consort face lightened upon hearing it.

     " Then, if you may, I would like to send Cain to the Academy. "

     " Cain? "

     " Yes Your Majesty, I feel like I could not handle his attitude anymore...  "

     The conversation goes on with all people in the table sharing their troubles.