CHAPTER 43: IM GOING TO KILL YOU

Lena was being treated by Hale. The most skilled doctor that Guillem has. As Vared saw that the imperial doctors were too busy as there are many people who got hurt, he called over Hale to personally treat Lena and therefore he could also help with the other injured ones.

     " Does it hurt a lot Lena ? Why did you not follow us ? I was so scared when I looked around and could not see you. You were just right beside me. I'm so sorry. I should have held on to you. "

     May cried upon seeing Lena's burns. The burns were so severe that Lena's dress had stuck to it earlier. She even screamed when Hale removed it.

     " Someone had pushed me so my leg got stuck onto something. I don't know what happened. I thought I was going to die. It was too hot but I couldn't even move. I really thought I was going to die.  I was praying with all my might. I told God to at least let me see the lady celebrate her birthday. I had accepted it all. I don't know what happened next. But I just - I just looked at the flames, they were pretty. But they also hurt. And then picked me up. I never expected to live. "

     Lena said with a terrified expression on her face. She was looking at the distance and clearly have not calmed down yet.

     May wanted to hold her hand but could not as they are in bandages. She cried upon seeing Lena's burns and curled her hand into a fist. While she puts her hand on her mouth to stop herself from crying too loud. They both cried in pain, one is emotionally, the other is physically. They can't even hug each other or else May could hurt Lena.

     On their side, Devaine lay asleep. She had been asleep since she collapsed earlier and Carib was able to put her down slowly on a bed while being assisted by her aunt Evanica and personal maid May. Though the animal was still asleep on her chest.

* Bang*

     May and Lena quickly glanced towards their side where Devaine was supposed to be sleeping upon hearing a loud bang.

     There, Devaine was now awake. Sitting on her bed, furious as she was looking at something.

     The small fox, who was limping as it tries to stand up, was there in the side of the wall. Devaine had tossed it.

     " My lady! Please calm down! "

     May rushed over to Devaine and her eyes were black. Its the original Devaine. She was still angry as she realize what that son of a bitch had done.

     " Give me that thing and I'll kill that piece of shit. "

     May had a hard time stopping Devaine from snatching the animal again as she knew she would toss it again. If that animal were to be angered, it might cause another fire.

     " My lady please stop ! "

     May was now holding Devaine's legs to stop her from getting near the animal. The loud shouts and May's panic pleads had alarmed the guards outside the room and they then decided to call someone for help.

     Countless maids had rushed towards the room, including the grand duke and Duchess Evanica upon hearing the news that Devaine has awaken and was in the verge of killing the animal.

     " Devaine! "

     The grand duke slammed the door open. He saw how angry his granddaughter was that May is having a hard time stopping her. Lena on the other hand had fallen off her bed upon trying to help forgetting that she was injured.

     Vared held both Devaine's hand towards her back as she was already pulling May's hair just so she would let go of her.

     Clastel, upon hearing the news, ran towards the room while Carib was following him. They were in the middle of meeting to discuss about the restoration of the palace but he didn't even hesitate and got up as a knight had informed him.

     Blood was already gushing through Devaine's eyes. Just like before.

     Carib hurriedly ran near her and he was right. Her eyes were black again.

     " It was like that again. "

     Clastel, hesitated, yet signaled the grand duke to never let her hand go. He slowly covered Devaine's eyes and miraculously, it calmed her down. She calmed down and moments later, blood stopped from dripping on her eyes. That's when Clastel knew she might have totally back to herself.

     He slowly removed his hand and saw bloody red eyes which made him sigh in thanks. He never expected to be so happy seeing bloody red eyes.

     " Have you calmed down now ? "

     Candy, who had now taken Devaine's body in control, nodded. She was so lost in thought as tears drops from her eyes.

     " Hey... Hey.. why are you crying? "

     Clastel wiped Devaine's tears with his hand yet her tears continued to fall. Even the grand duke who had never seen his granddaughter cry, panicked. Evanica panicked not knowing what to do. May panicked hurrying to get water in hope that Devaine would calm down if she drinks some. Lena panicked yet can't do anything. Carib frozen, this is his first time seeing some other lady cry than Caitlyn.

     Clastel doesn't know what to do and comes near Devaine and spread his arms to offer a hug.

     Devaine hugged the crown prince, crying her eyes out without saying anything. Though the grand duke did not liked the scenario, he was glad that Devaine had stopped from trying to kill the exotic. It might have been a dangerous one if she angered that animal again.

     The animal, glowed in bright light as he approach Lena who was sitting on the other bed, getting pale as the animal sat on her lap. She does not want to feel the burning pain she had experience that tears began to fall from her eyes.