CHAPTER 33: CHANGES

As the roses had bloomed and the other flowers were starting to show their buds, aunt Evanica said that I should hold a tea party and invite ladies to start socializing and hopefully, make friends, she said.

     I also agreed as I think that it was time for me to enter the high society and be informed in the events of esteemed ladies as to not bring shame to my grandfather's name. Being the only lady of the house with people that are of great background, I should at least do my part properly.

     I had scheduled a tea party a week after this week as I need to do some preparations for the two businesses that I plan to establish. I had to do those work before I get to host my tea party so that I would have less thoughts on my mind and could probably enjoy the party.

     I had planned to hire a manager for the ceramic business that we had started. It was one of the sons of my grandfather's aides in which he acknowledged the skills. I had personally asked my grandfather to ask his aides if they have any relatives or family members they could suggest. I plan to help those who are near my grandfather first before others. And if something were to happen, it would also be easy to know where to find them.

     Uncle Astero had heard about my way of hiring people and asked me if I wanted to meet one of his aide's wife. He told me that his aide had asked him if his wife could apply and that she had good managing skills and was quick to also grasp what she learns. He said that his wife needed money as her family was in a dire situation and that he was unable to help her as they do not own a a large fortune.

     I am pleased to know that in this territory, women have rights to do what they want and was given chances to do so.

     I had met the wife of my Uncle's aides and she definitely had the skills and capacity that uncle had said so after briefing and teaching her what to do and reminded her and the also soon to be manager of the ceramics business to send me a report twice a week, I had told her to prepare and pack her things as she would be assigned to the capital.

     In the whole week, I was very busy in teaching the managers and also preparing things to smoothen out the delivery and the process.

     After moving the ceramic workers to their designated workspace as they would be working there twice a week and rotating through all servants in the mansion, I had prepared a thorough chart to list down who will be working on specific days to not have any mishaps.

     Their attendance was being handled by a secretary I had appointed which was also a son of grandpa's aides.

     After all the hectic week, following the week of the tea party, Lena, Daphne and May had ask my permission to let them prepare the party as they wanted me to focus on the business matters and let them do what they could help.

     As I am very much grateful for the help, I let them be and gave them the list of my plans for the tea party including some new recipes which they very much liked.

     I had also ask my Aunts to help me think of some gifts to give to the ladies as a memory of my very first tea party.

     " My Lady, you should enjoy the tea party today. "

     Lena said while combing my hair. They had told me they already had a vision in what I should wear today so I just let them be.

     " Right My Lady. We are not forcing you to make friends but to see you mingle with ladies like yourself is what we only wanted to see. "

     Daphne seconded as she picks out brooches and jewelry to pair the dress.

     " The Grand Duke had invited the ladies from prestige backgrounds including those who are of humble ones, but don't overexert yourself and juy relax on you seat. "

     May said as she picked out a pink heels.

     Wearing a light pink dress with pink ornaments and jewels on it paired with diamond earrings, rings and necklaces, they had braided my hair and accessorized it with a mix of white and pink gemstones that looks like snowflakes on my blonde hair, I really admire how talented they are in dressing me up.

     I looked myself in the mirror and realized how my life had change this whole month. From being outcasted by my older siblings and my own father to being showered with love and expensive gifts that I was overwhelmed at first.

     And here I am, soon to be hosting my very first tea party and meeting the ladies Devaine never met. I just hope that wherever she is, let her see herself experiencing the life she should have had.

     I started to walk towards the long hallway leading to the garden. The servants had bowed upon seeing my presence and some congratulated me in my successful business opening while some smilingly told me to try my best and make some friends. And that I would do well in this tea party.

     I smiled back, thinking about how the old Devaine would have treated the servants right now. But now that I am in her body, I guess I am responsible for whatever things I would do. And until the day that I'll go back to where I should be, I'll do my best to provide her the life she could only dream of to a reality.