CHAPTER 7 : TEA

" Be careful miss. The fire is a little strong. "

     Devaine looked at the cook who warned her when she was about to open the stove. He then came forward and opened it himself before adjusting its heat.

     " Thank you sir. "

     The cook felt a sting on her heart when she adress him formally. He looked so proud of himself while looking at the two other cooks who are watching him in while being jealous to him who received a thank you from the miss.

     " The water should be hot enough when making Oolong Tea. "

     Devaine started to tell how to properly brew the tea. The servants then rushed to get their own notebooks to take down notes for the miss have only said what tea she likes for the very first time.

     " They did a good job on this leaves. "

     Benson stretched his back and stood proud for he was the one who bought the leaves as per the madam's  request months ago but sadly, does not know how to brew it right.

     " Oh I need ceramic tea pot and cup for this. "

     The servants puts down all pens and notebooks and rushed to the cupboard to take out different types of ceramic tea pots and cups in sets.

     " Oh? I did not know we have this many tea sets. And it's all so pretty. "

     The maids looked proud as they presented more ceramics sets. The cooks are not pleased aside from the one who received thanks earlier.

     " Then could you recommend me one ? The designs were all pretty that it's hard for me to choose. "

     " Then you should use this miss. "

     The maid, Lena recommended the most expensive tea set with the most exquisite design. Devaine look at her and nodded in approval. The servants all cheered and started to clean the teapot and cups to make it look spotless.

     The kettle soon made a noise reminding Devaine it has boiled enough. She took the kettle while tye servants and the butler were nervous about the lady holding the boiling hot kettle.

     Their worries were soon faded when the lady presented them a skillful way of making tea. She was too skilled that her hands were gentle yet experienced as they move. The etiquette that she unintentionally showed them were of top class which made them in awe.

     " I never imagined my lady to be very skilled in making tea. "

     Benson said as he watch the miss pouring and making tea like she was making an art.

     " I often dream about making tea. Dreaming about it every night may have
made me skilled. "

     The lady laughed which made the servants smile. She was laughing more this days and they are happy witnessing that. They also knew that she was hiding something, especially how she knew how to brew a tea when she, a daughter of a duke have never been in the kitchen nor held the tea cup all her life.

     " Done. Oolong tea. Benson please try it while I make the other tea. I wanna make sure I have brewed it right before I'd serve it to my mother. "

     Benson stood more proudly as he lift the cup the miss have poured tea into. He is determined to give an honest criticism wether the tea was great or not.

     As soon as he lifted the cup near his mouth, he smelled the delicate floral aroma coming from tea. Very far from the tea they had brewed a few months ago, who had no smell and taste like burned ash. Speaking of the taste, the butler had low expectation, for he, who have tasted this type of tea months ago, taste like shit.

     Benson's face lightened which made the other sevants and even the cook intrigued. They wanted to take a sip of the tea too.

     " You can all pour yourself some tea. But I'm afraid it won't be enough for all of you. "

     The maids began to pour the tea to cups and shared it with each other to just know what it taste.

     The tension from the kitchen earlier faded and Devaine felt a warm and happy atmosphere while she was brew the chamomile tea.

     " Oolong tea is good for detoxifying your body especially your liver, if you like a tea that would help you loose weight, Oolong tea would be the one for you. "

     The servants all nodded and the younger ones especially the females expressed their interest in the tea.

     " For those who are experiencing menstrual pain, menstrual problems or even stomach problems, I recommend this tea. "

     " Oh and even to those who struggles to sleep at night. "

     Benson quickly turned his gaze to the other tea Devaine brewed. So that is why she asked if her mother were having any health problems. He nodded while finishing the tea on his cup. He needs to asked the second miss to teach him how to brew this tea for he is surely hooked.

-----------------------------------------------------------

     " She can't come ? "

     The duchess asked as the servants served her the tea. Benson had told her that her child said to tell her mother that she won't be joining her for tea today for she has discovered many types of tea leaves in the kitchen that she wanted to try to brew it all. Instead, asked Benson to serve her mother the two tea flavors she prepared.

     " The second miss said that she would join you another time. And that she would brew it in front of you when the day comes. Oh and by the way, she strongly recommend the Chamomile tea for you madam. "

     " I see that you had taken a liking to my child, Benson. "

     Annalia knew that Benson never talk so much if he does not like the person in the topic. So for him to talk a lot, her daughter may have done something that impressed this butler.

     " She told me to stop you from liking the Oolong tea and pick the Chamomile tea instead. She has heard from me about your menstrual problems and stomachaches madam, even the part where you are having a hard time to sleep at night. Therefore, she said to make sure you liked the tea she especially brewed for you. And also said to bring you a cup of chamomile tea before you go to bed. "

     The duchess is pleased with what the butler said and smiled before she drank the tea she never knew would be her favorite.