CHAPTER 20 : MEETING

Dianna did not like how they were greeted as they entered the banquet hall. At first, all people flock towards them and ask her mother about her health the nonstop talk about the gift they had prepared for her having to be on the road of recovering her health.

     The pleasant feeling though, quickly vanished as her mother had said that it was due to her youngest daughter, which was very strict on keeping an eye on her daily schedule and food intake that she recovered after years of struggle.

     " Your daughter was keeping an eye on you? My! To know that someone will be able to educate you! "

     The Countess Sere from the West laughed as she heard what the Duchess said. Knowing her friend's attitude when they were young, she knew she was such a troublemaker that even the Grand Duke had a hard time with her.

     " Well, you should have expected that you might pass down  your behavior Alia. But to think that she could force you to submit is funny as I imagined it to be. "

     The Marchioness Basil of the South commented. The three continued to talk as people gathered around them. It's just like the days before. Them, being the center of society. Though one is missing.

     The Royal Family soon came and sat down and all the events soon unfolded. With all guests having to hold a menu, including the family of Corzen, the Duchess seemed to not hold anything.

     " My. Where is yours Alia ? "

     The Countess asked with a concerned look on her face upon seeing her friend, who was sitting between her and the Marchioness, holding nothing.

     " Does your daughter forbid you for eating? Is this possible ? "

     The Marchioness hysterically said as she began to look left and right.

     The servant behind them then walked closer and excused herself.

     " Excuse me dear madams, The lady had prepared something for her mother, The Corzen Duchess. We were just told to not give her any menu as she will be eating the food prepared for her specially. It will be for the improvement of her health as the lady said some desserts that will be served today might not be good for Her Grace, the Duchess. "

     The servants explained with a smile on her face. The Marchioness and the Countess both felt relief after hearing it.

     " Oh. For us to not understand such things. I am quite embarrassed. "

     The Marchioness said as he put her palm on her face. The Countess though, laughed after putting her fan on her face.

     " For you to give birth to such a dependable child will be a mystery in a lifetime. "

     The Countess Sere said while teasing her friend.

     " I had told you already that she was keeping a close eye on me. "

     Embarrassed, the Duchess commented and the three laugh together.

     " I recommend you order everything for you to try it all and hopefully, find your favorite. "

     The Duchess said to her friends that the two followed so both of them ended up ordering all the desserts with high hopes.

     " For you Sere, I recommend ordering coffee for your drinks. You like coffee with cream right? Order the 'cappuccino' one. "

     The Countess smiled warmly upon knowing that her friend still remembered her preferences.

     " For you Sere, as you have child-like tastes, pick the 'Milk Tea'. "

     The Marchioness pouted for a second before proceeding to order the drink her friend has said.

___________________

     Their food was then served and all the people exclaimed one by one as they saw how cute and pretty the food was being plated.

     " Oh no... How I wish I should have brought my children over, they would have liked this a lot. "

     Marchioness said in a sad tone upon seeing how pretty the food was. She had only attended with her husband. Now she felt guilty not bringing her kids.

     " I am on the same page. "

     The Duchess did not mind her friends and just let them be sad as she began to eat her salmon steak with potato cheese  balls with a slice of lemon on the side and a cup of mildly chilled prune juice.

     " To see you eat without concern. It must be nice eating all this food every time you like it. "

     The Countess said with a raised eyebrow.

     " Alia is gobbling up her aromatic steak without a care for her friends. "

     Marchioness Basil said sadly as she placed her palm on her cheek.

     The Duchess stops from cutting her steak elegantly after hearing the word gobble. How dare this woman say such an unethical word to her.

     " Now speak a word one more time and I'll tell my daughter not to open a store for you to be unable to taste all that food again. "

     The Duchess said while threatening her friends. The two, laughed and then proceeded to eat what they ordered.

_________________________________________

     " You have such a talented granddaughter , Grand Duke. "

     " It will only be a matter of time before you have both of your granddaughter's being well-known. "

     " You should reconsider the ordeal you have with your daughter. Forsaking her after marrying a kid you hated is too much! "

     The big build man, with red and hints of white hair as he is now getting old, watch her daughter looking so lifeless. Far from the fierce and lively face that he remembers as she told him she would marry the guy he never ever wished she would like.

     His aura though, darkened as he saw the girl that walked inside the banquet. Even though she looked pretty and all, he was angry at how skinny this child is and why would a child from a dukedom ever passion cooking when she should have lived the life of a princess?!

     He was even angry after looking at what his granddaughter was wearing. Measly little diamonds !!! If you have a daughter, you should shower her with stones the size of a palm!!

     The Nobles flinched as they saw the metal spoon crumpled in the hand of the Grand Duke. He was fuming in anger upon seeing countless expensive stones on her blue eyed granddaughter but that poor, fox-like duke could not provide the same for her precious second granddaughter?! This motherfcker!