CHAPTER 48 : MADAME

Two months had passed. Devaine had opened a jewelry business upon partnering with three more noble houses. It boomed as it offered simple yet elegant designs. Of course Devaine had used her knowledge from the reality about popular jewelry brand designs. Upon the success of her jewelry business, she had to travel a lot to facilitate the distribution of her goods. She had expanded the ceramic shop and opened another branch for her cafe.

     As she assigned her aunt Evanica and aunt Winter in managing the jewelry business as to not make favorites or else the two would quarrel as to why only one of them was picked by Devaine, she now had time to prepare for the launch of her clothing shop. She had enough of the clothes that this kingdom sells that she ought to make her own.

     She hired people under her Uncle Adrian's help as he had come to the capital upon hearing what happened. Actually, the whole family was at the capital. The whole Guillem family including the grand duchess and all her cousins. So while she travels, either one of her uncle accompany her. They don't trust Wester and Ethaniel anymore. The two even fought with her uncle Astero when he said they were useless.

     The estate in the capital became lively and there are no days where no nobles or aristocrats visits them. Though Devaine only pops up from time to time as she was too busy to do so.

     Clastel, who was pronounced as her fiancee had also gone back to the palace and only visits from time to time as work poured. She does not need hugs anymore HAHAHA.

     Her fox, snow had not grown an inch after eating like a pig for two months. It's fine though. She's rich enough to cater its appetite.

     Snow also became an asset to her as she could work for more than 18 hours straight if snow stays beside her. That is how she made lots of progress in just two months.

     For now, she is visiting the dressmakers to know if they had been doing it right or if they had copied the style that the sketches she gave them.

     It was only natural that Devaine would want to open a boutique as after her jewelry store's success, many have been asking about Devaine's dresses and who made them and as an entrepreneur that she is, of course she won't let that opportunity go.

     " Ha! To think that someone would dare to enter the boutique without any reservations. "

     A dark violet haired lady commented as Devaine entered the store. She was standing at the side while covering her face with her fan as she looked at Devaine up and down.

     Devaine was dressed up in a simple white dress that is off shoulder paired with black heels and black gloves while her hair was put up in two braids and adorned with diamonds. I mean, simple for Lena's eyes. She was even wearing a diamond necklace from her store and a big diamond brooch also from her store.

     Devaine stopped from her tracks and looked at the lady. She is wearing what the common ladies at the empire was wearing. Brown base of dress, with orange big and thick ass flowers and light orange thick ribbon wrapped on her waist. Damn. She looks like a pumpkin.

     " Are you talking to me ? "

     Devaine asked just to make sure that the lady was brave enough to pissed her off.

     " Oh. Silly of you to not know. Who else might have entered ? Entering this prestigious boutique when you aren't even popular in the social society is something you should be ashamed of. And how can you dress so plainly after knowing that you would be here? "

     The lady continued her yada yada as Devaine looked at her in amusement. Is this lady naive or was she just dumb ?

     She glanced at the other ladies at the table and saw that they are also laughing.

     Oh. So it's not only one person.

     " Lena. Hand me a mirror. "

     Devaine said which Lena quickly do so. She pulled a mirror on one of her pockets and gave it to Dev.

     " My. I guess the diamond earrings with diamond necklace and diamond brooch were simple to you. Or was fur hat that looks simple? My uncle gifted me these though? Should I whine and tell him that someone said it looked cheap? "

     Devaine said as she scan herself in the mirror. Beautiful. Stunning. What could she ever wish for ?

     " Ha! How are you so arrogant when you don't even have a strong standing on social society. To think that I have seen you just today. "

     " Lady Devaine!!! "

     A lady in pink dress ran towards Devaine upon seeing her at the door. The ladies at the table who was laughing earlier shut up as they heard her name.

     Devaine. Of course no one other than her had that name and she wanted to thank her mother for that. For her to give such an original name to her child. It's a blessing in disguise.

      " Madame! Oh my! You should have told us you were coming! "

     One of the dressmaker said and shouted that their madame had come. The dressmakers and even the building owner rushed towards the door upon hearing that Devaine was here.

     " Madame! We have received the new sketches ! "

     " Madame! Your designs were all stunning! This should be an instant hit after it launched. "

     As Devaine got sorrounded by people, she looked at the table on the side and scanned all the faces that was in there. Then she smirk and mouthed.

     " I'll remember you all."

     The ladies faces turn pale upon seeing Devaine smirk. They knew they had fucked up and they knew they fucked up badly.