CHAPTER 31: UNINVITED VISITOR

THIRD PERSON'S POV

     After Devaine received her uncle's letter telling her that the Empress is very much happy about the products that they send to the palace, the construction of the warehouse began.

     She actually decided to built a warehouse as improper facilities for bigger production is not something she would like to have as it would affect the quality of the products.

     That is when her grandfather, Grand Duke Guillem said to use the vacant place behind the mansion which but the lady refused. She wanted a way bigger warehouse as she planned to split the facility in half, one place is the working place and the other half would be for proper stacking of finished products.

     The Grand Duke laughed out loud upon hearing what his granddaughter had told him. He can't believe to hear such words from that little girl. Though he should have been used to it as this kid had way bigger dreams than her size.

     He told Devaine to come back after two days as he would call all his appointed officials in a meeting.

     The meeting went smoothly though as the officials were very much eager to listen. Majority of them even offered to help Devaine in different ways. Some said that he knew some good builders that could probably do the lady's strange requests in terms of making the facilities as Devaine intended to use some knowledge in advance technology. Some said that they can help her in finding large numbers of clays. Some wanted to help her in designs, in delivery and many more.

     As the warehouse was set to finish in a month, Devaine decided to use one more room in the mansion to stack the finished products as to not delay the production.

     Though one week before the said launch of product, they encountered a big problem.

     The servants who arrive early at the pottery room found something that should not have been there and after trying to wake it up to shoo it away, it sparked and started to cause fire.

     The mansion were in chaos upon knowing that the pottery room is on fire. Countless servants are running her and there, holding buckets of water in chance to stop the fire.

     After there tireless attempt, the fire had stopped though the room was already in bad shape. They are still thankful though that it was not the storage room or else it would be a bigger problem.

     Devaine arrived after the servants had told her about the fire. As her room was on the other side of the mansion and living in a huge maze house is something she is experiencing right now, she arrived late and saw how bad the room was.

     The face of the servants were sad as they saw the room they had put a lot of effort on. It was already all black an wet in water and all the things inside are very much burned.

     " Oh! That thing! That was the one who caused the fire ! "

     A male servant shouted upon seeing a red thing crounched in a ball in the middle of the room. It looked like a furball though Devaine never knew what that was as it was never said in the book.

     Her heart drummed like crazy as she had countless of thoughts on her mind. Did something she never knew appeared as she did a lot of things that change the course of the story? Then what will she do now?

     The Grand Duke arrived and quickly ran towards his granddaughter to check is she was hurt.

     " I also have just arrived grandfather. Instead, please inspect if there are servants who was hurt as they were the ones who put out the fire. "

     The Grand Duke had a physician with him so he instructed to check the servants. Luckily, there are no major incidents as only a few of those who entered the room had minor burns as they had escaped quickly.

     " There is something at the middle of the room grandpa. And I was not sure what it is. Can we somehow retrieve that so that we can check ? "

     Vared saw his granddaughter's face. She was dead serious, almost as if angry. Or upset. He nodded and whistle and one hooded man arrive at the window. Then walked towards him, gave him a bow before asking him what he would want him to do.

     " I want you to retrieve something for me, get that red thing from the room. Be careful. The servants said it was the one who cause the fire. "

     The shadow servant nodded before he slowly entered the room and slowly and carefully picked up the furball. He got his hold on it before it moved and popped it's it off.

     Devaine screamed on top of her lungs as she saw a dragon like head popped off.

     " PUT IT DOWN!!! "

     Hern, the shadow servant quickly throw the small animal and quickly backed off.

     That is when it started to be engulfed in flame again. Devaine quickly thinks of an solution as if she wouldn't, then this room would be burned down for real. And as the storage room is just beside it, it would probably be in fire too.

     " A WET BLANKET! GIVE ME A TON OF IT ! QUICKLY! "

     The servants all ran with half of them going to get blankets and some of them are filling their buckets again with water.

     It was just the start of the morning but the chaos of the mansion will clearly be on the Guillem's history book, with a uninvited guest of an unknown origin visiting them so early in the morning with such a grand entrance would probably something they wouldn't forget.