CHAPTER 5: SISTER

The two girls stared at each other. One with anger, the other being nonchalant.

     " I did not know that being locked up in this room would make a toll in your head. You've gone insane. "

     Devaine laughed which made Dianna caught of guard. Even if her sister's state was this terrible, she knew better that she could harm her. And she does not want any wound on her body nor does she like pain.

     " It would have been impossible if I were to not gotten insane after all this years. Don't you think so, Dianna? "

     Devaine combed her bangs to let it stay behind her ears. Because it is now been a little longer, some stayed behind her ear but some still slid back to her face. Dianna saw her sister's bloody red eyes. It was empty that it sent shivers on her spine. She never saw her sister this way. Nor did she ever call her by her name. It was always been 'sister'.

     Right. Devaine was always been her shadow. From the very first moment that she was born, the attention were already given all to Dianna which made the 20 minute late Devaine lost her one and only chance. Dianna looked like a copy of her father, who is known to be the most stunning man at their time, which made the duke ecstatic. Picked up the older child and left to brag it to his colleagues, which left Devaine to be born without the presence of her father.

     'Dianna' was a name given by her father. While 'Devaine' was given by her mother. The duchess named the child when she saw the father leaving after the older child was born, who did not even take a glance at the younger child.

     The twins grow up to be polar opposites. While Dianna is grasping literature, Music and Stitching very well, Devaine was just too common for the duke to even pay attention to. He once gave both children a chance to learn from famous teachers (who is well known for educating children and cultivating them to the genre they are best at. But while Dianna is receiving non-stop praises from the teachers, being called a genius for she learned faster than any kids her age, all the duke received about Devaine was non-stop criticism and some are even suggestions that the duke should not let the twins study together for Devaine could not keep up with her twins pace and should just study separately.

     But the duke was too disappointed and too unjust to even take it into consideration. He never let Devaine study separately, instead continued to let the twins study together to pressure the younger child to do better like her older sister.

     But too much pressure and the constant criticism would be too much for a growing child. Especially witnessing how unfair her father is treating them. How kind and giving it was to her older sister while acting like she does not exist. And if he did took a glance on her, all she would hear would be criticism, badwords that a child should not hear and him constantly comparing her to her older sister, Dianna.

     Candy, the soul that resides in Devain's body , cursed the shit out when she read about how bad the father was treating the younger child while blatantly endulging the older one with riches, expensive dresses, lavish tea partish and birthdays. And don't even ask about how their birthday party's went.

     " You should just continue living like this. "

     Dianna said as she scan the entire room. It was nowhere near her room. It was decent but it should not be a decent room for a child of a duke who was well-known for his money.

    " Oh? What kind of living ? "

     The tension was high when Devaine replied. Even the servants that are standing at the corner are scared of what would happen next.

     " Living like you don't exist. It was more convenient this way. Especially when you're not doing any problems for father. "

     Devaine smiled. Problems. Of course it was how the patriarch of the house is considering her as.

     " I never knew I was a problem. I mean, I may not be a trying hard to be perfect daughter like you but still, atleast I'm honest to who I really am, inside, and.. outside. "

     " M-my lady. Please watch your manners. The duchess has her men outside the room. "

     Devaine looked at the maid that rushed to stop Dianna from throwing the glass cup to Devaine. Her uniform is different from the dresses the servants Devaine saw earlier.

     So she was her personal maid.

     " Well, unlucky for you, my mother seems to care about me a lot. You can have your own father and your twin brothers all by yourself. I don't like to mingle to someone else's trash. "

     Dianna was shaking her hand in anger while her maid is busy trying to calm her down. What a show.

     " Trash? Sure. I'll be sure to convey this words to father and brothers. "

     " Oh. Surely. "

     Devaine walked towards the other chair facing the angry standing older sister and take a sit.

     " You were always been like that. Always hiding on someone else's back. Like a scared , sweet, poor rabbit with blue eyes and plain ass blonde hair. "

     She picked a cookie and took a bite. Her mother especially prepared this for her. It would be rude of her to not eat at least.

     " You even disregard your own siblings. You were always been like that. Wanting to have all things like a selfish treasure chest. "

     " Atleast I have things you don't have. " Dianna answered. Her tone is clearly irritated.

     " Well unlucky for you, a treasure chest like you are has limits. You should have only chosen who to have. I mean, there is a possibility that I may stole the excess treasures from you, OLDER SISTER. "

     Dianna was speechless while thinking about what Devaine said. She was even so out of it when her servants assisted her out of Devaine's room.