CHAPTER 49 : SIGN

" It's unusual for you to visit us unannounced madame Devaine. May we ask you what's the matter? Did the clothes we sent you have any problems somehow? "

     The head seamstress asked as they put down their tea. Devaine smiled as she sipped on hers.

     " No. The clothes all looked good and were also perfect. "

     The dressmakers looked at each other in confusion.

     " Then what is the matter madame ? What can we help you with? "

     Devaine pulled out another notebook that is identical to the notebooks she sent when she had new sketches.

     " I want to order these dresses. And I need it urgently. If you could make a lot of these in just a week, that would be more preferable. "

     The dressmakers quickly opened the notebook and they all froze when they saw the sketches.

     " Are you going to the border madame? If we are not mistaken, these clothes were somehow similar to the clothes that the knights wore when in war. "

     Devaine smiled and then followed by a nod.

     " My goodness! Why would you risk your life there! The grand duke and the dukes must have been enough as it is. Do you really need to go? "

     The middle age women could not hide the concerns in their faces as they looked at the woman that was sitting in front of them. She is someone of a high status that they would never imagine to lift a finger when war was in the topic. She is too pretty, too fragile and too rich for that.

     " You must have not heard yet. But I am an exotic owner. "

     Snow, the small fox popped its head from her fur hat. Light yellow fur and violet eyes. It looks so docile that its suits Devaine's sophisticated look.

     " As you might have know, the seventh exotic that had been found. I am it's owner. "

     Gasp were heard in the room as they watch snow jump on the table. It looked around before sitting down.

     " It this okay? That you were telling us this? "

     One of the seamstress asked as snow looked at her.

     " It's fine. The official news about me being its owner will be released in public tomorrow. So I was just telling you a day early. As you can see, I need to be there as I could be of big help. It might take a long time so I already prepared more sketches for all of you. Just continue making dresses and I promised we'll be going home victorious. That is why I need your help, as dresses were impractical when traveling, I have to order a lot of these clothes as to not burden my companions. Can you help me ? "

     The middle aged women looked at each other before smiling to Devaine.

     " Of course we can. We also have finished clothes that were in similar designs as women sometimes orders horse riding attire. We can add that to the numbers. And for the additional clothes we will be making, I suggest it would be in dark colors. So that it would be easier to clean and does not attract stains. "

     " Yes. And we can modify some finished tops that we had made to make it a shirt. And alter some mens clothes just so we could done it faster and make a lot more. "

     " Oh and we could
..
... .
.
. .. "

     Devaine agreed to all their suggestions as it seems practical. She does not need no lavish clothes, all she needs is practical clothes, as many as possible.

     Devaine was escorted to the entrance by all the dressmakers. They had a lot of warnings and encouraging words.

     The preparation for the expedition is noticeable even in the capital. Boxes of food and water were everywhere. Guns were being transported by the imperial guards and carriages in huge sizes started to appear. There are also a lot of carriages with Guillem's family crest on it as they will be the one leading this expedition.

     Her first uncle, Astero will be leading the expedition together with the imperial knight commander Carib and crown prince Clastel. While Adrian, Esven, Wester and Devaine was told to stay at the back, in support.

     The warning about the war was sent to the palace last week telling them that a group of 2000 was camping 4 kilometers from the border. Devaine was shock as she never really read something about a war going on but upon realizing that the scenarios have been changing, it is not impossible.

     They are fighting to people that owns atleast 12 exotics, though the Queen had told her that they were no near the level of hers, they must likely be level 3, the same level as Clastel's. It just means that Devaine had to join the expedition, badly.

     7 versus 12. It was almost half of the number they have and half of the 7 that the empire possess were of low levels. It made Devaine's nervous.

     Snow was being trained for small attacks like cannonballs and medium fire walls, but none was perfected. Instead of cannoballs, he was making fire rains. And instead of medium fire walls, he was making fire waves. It made Devaine more nervous.

     She did not meet other exotics as they were busy training separately. And snow was not really someone they could train with as he's just a pain in the ass.

     The biggest problems was that, snow has his own consciousness and judgement that it was not easy for the trainer to ask him to do things as he tends to do what he wants. Devaine was also being trained how to command exotics so she was still not on the stage where she can train with snow. The instructions were just being careful upon knowing what had happened.

     Though a pain in the ass teaching thay small fox, they knew better that he would be a great help if he will learn.

     But will he ?