CHAPTER 37 : TALK

The palace maids all squeeled upon seeing the sight of Devaine walking on the palace garden.

     Dressed in dark green off shoulder dress accessorized with countless gemstones with a light green shawl. She had a ribbon tied on her neck and her hair was on a ponytail. A new look at what Lena had said. Now she could put up her hair as she has now gained weight and her bones are now hidden unlike two months ago.

     Some servants bowed their heads upon realizing that it was her. And some even dare to ask if she has been well.

     " As you can see, I am of good health now. It must have been a while since we met, do meet me later as I have gifts to give to you. "

     Devaine said and the servants nodded and smiled. They told Devaine to have a good day before they happily walked away.

     " I am not aware that you have a close relationship with the servants here. One might say you are the owner and not me. "

     The Crown Prince said as he had watched Devaine talking to the servants earlier. It was so natural that he even felt outcast.

    " I had met them once and they were all good people. It was natural that I would like them. "

     Devaine said as they continue walking. The Crown Prince laughed a little before following Devaine.

     " I invited you for a walk as I wanted to talk to you about the matter regarding the head of houses. "

     The Crown Prince said while offering his hand. Devaine looked at him before accepting it and he guided her towards a small pavilion on the side of the garden as they have walked for a while now and the lady is wearing high heels so he was somehow afraid she might hurt her feet.

     " Watch your step. "

     The road towards the pavilion is a little narrow as it was sorrounded by water. You could say it was at the center of a man made lake.

     He assisted her to take a seat before he sat down.

     " Was it about the letters that was pouring on our house ? "

     The Crown Prince nodded before answering.

     " It has been a while now and the head of the houses are very eager to meet you My Lady. To the point that they would always bring your name up to any meetings that are being held in the capital. "

     Devaine adjusted her shawl as the wind is somehow blowing cold. She covered her shoulders with it but the thin shawl could not do a thing. So it was all just an accessory. She'll be sure to tell Lena and May later.

     " The wind must be cold. Excuse me. "

     Clastel said before putting his coat onto Devaine. He had just realized how small the lady is upon seeing that she was almost covered by the coat when it fits him like a glove.

     " Thank you. It seems like I have underestimated the wind after seeing the snow melting. "

     Another gush of wind blows yet Devaine feel warm now. With her hair being blown to her side, and some on her face, she looked like someone who was doing a pictorial in the middle of the day.

     ' It must be nice having such a pretty face that you could still look good under any circumstances. '

     The Crown Prince laughed upon hearing his thoughts. How silly of him.

     " It must be about the letters flooding in our estate yet I never knew they would took it too far as to bring up my name in many meetings. "

     Devaine said as she wisk her hair to behind her ears.

     " I suppose it was after the tea party that you had hosted. As I think that you had given advices to their daughters which were relayed to their fathers, the heads had known your talents and therefore are very much eager to meet you since then. "

     The Crown Prince looked directly at Devaine's face who was in a deep thought. He had met this lady once when she was gifted a deal by her mother and then she vanished in thin air.

     The next thing he knew, a 'cafe' shop opened at the central under her name. It was such a big success that the lines grew and grew everyday with people wanting to order and visit the shop.

     When he had thought that she would be focusing on desserts and refreshments like how the other two people that had gained deals from her mother, the knight, who was focused on guarding and fighting battles and the merchant, who was focused on buying and selling goods from kingdom to kingdom, he had thought that she would do the same. Focusing on selling desserts and refreshments and foods.

     Not until a month ago when ceramic products were delivered on the palace. He had thought that it was from the merchant her mother was managing. Until Astero Guillem joined them for a dinner and the ceramics were used for the very first time.

     It was then that he knew that it was this lady's business proposal. He was even shock upon seeing such an aloof and frightening human like Astero, smiling ear to ear, laughing as he proudly talks about his neice. Who he was describing as pretty, small yet very intelligent and is sweet as he proudly presents his small frog brooch that was made by his favorite niece.

     The ceramic shop was located just in front of the cafe shop so people that visited the cafe or people who were lining up were given numbers written on paper so that they could freely walk for  a while as they waited for their turn. That is  when people's interest were pique at the ceramic display in front of the cafe. So people who often visit the cafe always have products bought at the shop infront. A pretty wise plan.

     And all that idea was from this lady infront of him. That is why he did not say anything when the heads of houses eagerly wanted to meet this lady. As he himself, wanted to meet her too.