CHAPTER 45 : BRUTAL HEALER

The guards that were in Lena's room woke up and were all confused upon knowing that they had fallen asleep. They never remember themselves falling asleep yet all they know now is that they all woke up at the same time.

     They quickly checked on Lena in fear that an assassin might have popped a sleeping smoke and did something bad on her but she was still there. Though the animal was nowhere to be found.

     They slowly pulled her blanket to search if the animal was hiding beneath it but it was not there. So they rushed outside yet were told by the maid to not cause a noise as the lady had just fallen asleep. They quietly sprinted towards their commanders office and reported about the missing animal. Carib, massaged his forehead first before running outside. Asking if they had seen a white small fox.

     They are almost near the quarters where the patients were being treated when they bumped into one of the imperial doctors who were clearly exiting the room in fear.

     " What's wrong? "

     Carib asked as he saw the doctor's pale face.

     " The fox! I-It's inside! "

     Carib's eyes widened and quickly entered the quarters as he unsheathed his sword, ready to fight the animal if he ever saw it hurting patients.

     But contrary to his concern, the fox was sitting on top of a patient, glowing and some lights were being absorbed by the human who was under it. When the light fades, it hops onto another patient and sits on his chest then it glows again and so on.

     " What was it doing? "

     One of the imperial knights asked upon seeing the fox hops onto one patient to another.

     " It seems like it was healing them. "

     A doctor said. He was standing still on the side while other doctors watched in fear and amusement.

     " Healing? "

     Carib asked as he thought he had heard it wrong.

     " Yes. Actually, it hopped onto me first, which startled me. I even froze in fear as I thought it was going to burn me but its body glowed. And the wound in my arm that I got from being scratched onto something sharp as we rushed to treat patients, somehow healed completely. "

     That doctor explained. The imperial knights had heard it and some rushed back to Lena. And they were right, her burns were nowhere to be found, like it wasn't even there in the first place.

     They watch the fox as it hops onto another patient. They noticed that it takes at least 10 minutes before it finishes one patient and then hops onto another. So far, it has healed almost all patients in the room and only two are left. 

     Wait. Carib furrows his brows upon realizing.

     " How many patients do we have in this room?

     " We have 41 patients here Commander. "

     Carib's face darkened.

     " And what time did that fox come here ? "

     The doctors noticed Carib's face and got scared. But they still need to answer.

     " I guess it appeared it about 12 30 in the early morning. "

     12 30? Devaine began coughing blood at 12 in the morning. Carib took big steps and snatched the fox using his bare hands, not minding the doctors that were calling his name, confused.  He then quickly exited the room and walked towards where Devaine was staying and opened the door.

     Luckily, he took a deep sigh as he saw her sleeping while sticking onto Clastel like some kind of glue. He was now sitting on the chair at the window side patting Devaine's back.

     But his worry rose as he saw more blood on the ground. As far as he remembers, the maid had already clean it all up. The bed was also covered in blood more than it was the night before. Then he saw a tube stuck onto Devaine's arm. It was the same tube Hale used to inject more blood to Devaine.

     " She coughed up blood the entire morning. It had only stopped minutes before you came. As you can see, she was asleep again. "

     Carib had his suspicion and now he knew he was right. He walked towards Devaine and put the small fox on her head. It glowed happily before curling on a ball and slept.

     With that, Devaine's face had sunken and was pale due to blood loss, had regained color. She even squirmed and dug her face more to Clastel's neck as she glowed a little.

     " That fox was treating patients since 12 in the morning. "

     Clastel patted Devaine's back before looking at Carib upon realizing.

     " 12? How could this son of bitch- "

     Clastel stopped himself from snatching the fox from Devaine's head as he had saw that the lady's face had returned to normal after it come in contact with the animal. If he removed it, she might cough up blood again.

     " It seems like it could treat people. But after all I have seen, it greatly affects the owner that her health would deteriorate rapidly. And as you noticed, if it sticks to the owner, the owners health comes back to normal. I am still unsure but you yourself saw it. That fox should not leave the lady's side, nor should it be used for treating anyone else. "

     Clastel clenched his fist before ordering Carib to go. He was in deep thought about the matter which was very much new to him.

     He should ask Esven to research about this matter. This is too dangerous just to be left unknown. Yet if they ever find information, it should never be released to the public or else some might try to harm Devaine.

     Clastel massages his forehead due to stress but quickly goes back to patting Devaine's back. It hasn't been a month since they met and now he's here, doing things that he never expects to do unless he is married to this person. Damn. How did this even happen to him.