CHAPTER 23 : TRUCE

Bailee can't look straight at the pair of red eyes that were looking at him. He felt scared just by it looking, what more if he were to stare.

     " Does it hurt a lot ? "

     Devaine asked her brother that she was carrying while continuesly patting his back.

     " It hurts *sniffs* but not that much anymore *sniffs*. "

     Dion honestly said as he calmed down a little.

     Devaine patted his back a little more then put him down. She lowered himself on her knees to match her brothers height.

     " Let me look at your hands. I'll see how bad it is. "

     Lena saw the youngest master place his hand infront of the second miss while he calmed himself down. The lady wiped his brother's tears before inspecting the wounds.

     " Have you calmed down now? "

     Dion nodded. Devaine smiled and stood up then walked towards the black haired boy. With the sounds of her heels hitting the floor, the boy trembles in fear.

     " Are you hurt? "

     Brailee heard a voice in front of him so he raised his head and saw a pair of bloody red eyes staring at him. But instead of anger, it was feel with warmth.

     " Uhm. I don't have any wounds-"

     " No. I'm asking about my brother's words. Did he hurt you? "

     Bailee stared at the girl in front of him. He never considered words to hurt someone or did he just blindly believe it doesn't because that was what his mother said? Do words hurt?

     The boy thinks about it too much that he did not even notice the tears that were falling from his eyes. So he was hurt all along? How did he got hurt? What hurt him?

     In the middle of his numb and confused crying face, a pink haired boy hugged him while crying.

     " I'm sorry. I never intend to say that to you. I was just angry after you insulted ny sister. I'm sorry "

     Dion bawled that made the nobles who were watching them smile. He was too cute even when he was crying loudly.

     Bailee on the other hand gave an expression of sadness for the very first time and cried a lot too. But he was silent unlike Dion. He just clutched Dion's back and cried it all silently.

     Devaine let the two boys cry it all out instead, she patted both of their heads.

     " Don't grow up bad kids. Remember that even words hurt too. "

     She said while looking at Dion. The boy nodded to tell her he understood.

     " And never hurt someone who is weaker than you unless you need to. "

     She looked at the boy this time who still has tears falling from his face. It was a noble son for sure. His clothes speaks his status.

     " Were you not mad miss ? "

     A crying face asked Devaine. She sighed and lowered into her knees to meet the height of both boys.

     " I'm not mad. I was the one who told
Dion to make friends. And when making friends, it does not always have a good start. Some even fought like this to start friendship. Nevertheless, all kids make mistakes. Even us, who are older, make mistakes too. It just depends on the person if you would say sorry, and if you would accept the apology. "

     Bailee watch the lady as Dion hugs her. She patted his brothers head and gave Bailee a smile.

     " My brother here does not have any friends. " Devaine started which made the youngest master of the duke's family pout.

     " And he never know how to make one. He is only 6 and a kid just like you. So would you like to accept my baby brother as your friend? "

     Dion held his sisters hand tight while giving Bailee a twinkling eyes full of anticipation. The kid flinched when he felt like the visual of the two people in front of him weren't fair as they are glowing.

     " I don't know what friends do. "

     Bailee said as he never had friends for all 6 years of his life.

     " I - I also don't know what friends do! But- but my sister does ! "

     Laughter filled the empty banquet earlier. It has regain the warm and happy atmosphere.

     " Right. HAHA. I do. Therefore if you accept this reckless brother of mine, I'll invite you to our manor and let you play different games. "

     The nobles saw the lady laugh for the very first time.

     " And my sister bakes tasty desserts and - and many tasty drinks too ! "

     Devaine stood up and combed her brother hair.

     Bailee never see his sister do that. He wants that too. Then maybe if he were to be friends with Dion, then maybe he'll have a sister that pretty and nice too.

     The black haired boy nodded and Dion jumps in excitement. It was his very first friend.

     Devaine signed him a thumbs up while he leap throught Bailee's side and asked him a handshake.

------------------------------------------------------------

     " My, to let a young girl discipline my own son. "

     The Duchess of the North said.  She was in the middle of walking towards the two boys earlier when Devaine got there first so she stopped and watched.

     " Then, I'll give all these cookies to you ! It's tasty! "

     " But I can't carry all that! "

     The fight ended with Dion forcing the young duke to accept the basket with lots of cookies while the Bailee is backing off and then running away while still yelling to Dion that he can't carry all those biscuits. Dion soon chases the young duke together with Lena to make sure he accepts his token of friendship - the cookies.

     Devaine just stood there laughing while watching the three run in circles. All nobles saw a cute interaction today yet the two boys gain a core memory they would treasure till the day they will grow up.

     " It was never fun with just Dianna. "

     A tanned blonde haired man whispered as he watch the lady laughing while being watch by countless people. She was laughing like she was seeing something so funny that you can't help but watch her pretty smile and her red eyes than form into a inverted U made her look cute too. She looks so pretty yet cute.

     The banquet ended with nobles having the same thoughts on their head.

     'I saw a goddess laugh'